More armor pants

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

More armor pants

Postby Fostik » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:07 am

Game must have more armor pants, current Leather Pants, Bone Greaves, Plate Greaves forces you to only wear Plate Greaves when you get first steel.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Re: More armor pants

Postby Massa » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:36 am

Fostik wrote:Game must have more armor pants, current Leather Pants, Bone Greaves, Plate Greaves forces you to only wear Plate Greaves when you get first steel.

you'd get your willy caught up in the chainmail pants so i think jorb needs to add a wound that progressively builds up when you do anything except crawl with them on
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:42 pm

i think instead of adding pointless late game armor there should be a day 1 type armor like wood armor that we can wear to protect ourselves from bats and the like.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby MadNomad » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:55 am

Massa wrote:
Fostik wrote:Game must have more armor pants, current Leather Pants, Bone Greaves, Plate Greaves forces you to only wear Plate Greaves when you get first steel.

you'd get your willy caught up in the chainmail pants so i think jorb needs to add a wound that progressively builds up when you do anything except crawl with them on

this post sounds like you were inspired by some famous shitposter!

wonder-ass wrote:there should be a day 1 type armor like wood armor

good idea
MadNomad

Postby hektor96643 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:17 pm

Well... I'm a old medieval fantasy mmorpg player and I like the idea of crafting diferent types of armors BUT I think it goes against the spirit of HnH as the devs intend, imo. Which would be a medieval life simulator, ofc we have some folklore featurers, like alchemy and trolls, but it lands more as a flavour not a core mechanics the game experiency spins around.

Some medieval scholars might say "armor pants" was not as common or well made as fantasy games shows. I don't won't to kill your idea, it could be worked on in the aforementioned guidelines.

Just as a curiosity, some might say aswell that "leather armor" were not as used as games also shows, a cheapper and better armor "before" plate would be a Gambeson, a thick cloth armor (which can be used under a plate too). In hnh I think gambeson is representated by the "Vapntreyiu" armor piece.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambeson
hektor96643

Postby Fostik » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:22 pm

Bois, stop. Pinched willy, and history of pants is not the defining thing for adding new items to the game.
Unlike real life, game has pants slot, which can be occupied with armor pants. Early game bone greaves and leather pants work good for early game, but at late game the only choice is plate greaves.
Some additional pants, like cutthroat cuirass analog for plate pants, to get less armor, but some stat bonus would be good.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby hektor96643 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:49 am

Fostik wrote:Bois, stop. Pinched willy, and history of pants is not the defining thing for adding new items to the game.
Unlike real life, game has pants slot, which can be occupied with armor pants. Early game bone greaves and leather pants work good for early game, but at late game the only choice is plate greaves.
Some additional pants, like cutthroat cuirass analog for plate pants, to get less armor, but some stat bonus would be good.

Again, i don't intend in killing your idea, i'm not like the other guys that just reply to say "it's bad!". My take on the history and simulating aproach is to give you more elements to work in your idea. Trying to achieve your game design argument AND the maintaining some of the, what i believe, is the "spirit of this game".

leme throw another idea based on yours. We could just get rid of pants sloths and merge it in a new slot to make whole armor sets. More expansive, ofc. but would fill both previously slots for armor

another idea. maybe some armor could be requisits for orther, like chain mail could be not only it own armor, but a requirement for plate, since most historic plate armor had some other garnment behind (chain mail, ganberson, leather)

taking first and second idea above, i came with a third opition. every combination could generate a diferent plate armor, like chain+plate would make hugh agi debuff but the better armor rate. a leather+plate could make a not so strong armor but it has bonuses instead of debuffs..

see... brainstorm! just ideas being thrown.
hektor96643

Return to Critique & Ideas