Advanced Mechanics skill

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Advanced Mechanics skill

Postby TalosB » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:32 pm

We already had a "Basic mechanics" skill, that means that there possibly can be an "Advanced Mechanics". As i see it, its something that can work w/o player interfierience, but on lower speed. With player interfered, it'll gain a production speed boost, like +150%(or x1.5 in other terms). It didn't mean that strictly should be implemented in current worls, bay be in futher ones, but... Anyways, there here some stuff i want to see inside that concept: bull|horse-powered juice/oil press, (wood/metal)turning/sawing/chopping/pressing stations, also items that need those stations to be produced. Andvanced mettalurgy, for example... Like making an steel chainmail(instead of wrought chainmail). Making an advanced types of shields, like bronze shield(4 Bronze bars + 4 leather pieces) or wrought shield(4 wrought iron + 2 hardened leather + 2 boards) or heraldic steel shield(a picture+4 steel bars+4 hardened leather+4 wooden block+2 wooden boards). Also, biulding the Catapult|trebuchet needs that skill obtained. like that. The Thread will be adding and rewritted on, when any futher ideas will come into my mind.

P.S. I even could draw an 7-way blueprint(6 axis-oriented views + 1 isometrical) of any of those mechanisms, if you (Jorb & Loftar), wanted to....
TalosB

Re: Advanced Mechanics skill

Postby WESKERBOY » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:17 pm

Dont know Man, sounds like you want HnH time move, i mean Is iron age there, plus some nordish story and im pretty sure nordic people did not had any trebuchet XD. I feel HnH perfect with the mecanics It already has, everything automated Will make game pointless in playing, in the end everything Will be automated.... Im pretty sure there are bots for that (although I dont use them and never Will)
W5 hermit
W6 hermit
Dropout
1/2 w11 hermit other 1/2 citizen of Arkona
WESKERBOY

Postby hektor96643 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:32 am

WESKERBOY wrote:Dont know Man, sounds like you want HnH time move, i mean Is iron age there, plus some nordish story and im pretty sure nordic people did not had any trebuchet XD. I feel HnH perfect with the mecanics It already has, everything automated Will make game pointless in playing, in the end everything Will be automated.... Im pretty sure there are bots for that (although I dont use them and never Will)

Yes I agree that HnH is just not a sandbox survival mmo, but it has a simulation "spirit" with a time period in mind as you pointed. But rememebr we have the WindMill mechanics, where you can put your seeds there and it will turn into flour, eventually.

I can't help with ideas for the OP, but i wanna say to you, don't kill an idea before it is even born. Responses like "i don't like it" or "it won't work" will not help and possibly kill a future good idea to pop out in response of it. Let to discuss its pratical issues and gameplay impact after a more robust idea come to life. :geek:
hektor96643

Postby WESKERBOY » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:32 am

hektor96643 wrote:
WESKERBOY wrote:Dont know Man, sounds like you want HnH time move, i mean Is iron age there, plus some nordish story and im pretty sure nordic people did not had any trebuchet XD. I feel HnH perfect with the mecanics It already has, everything automated Will make game pointless in playing, in the end everything Will be automated.... Im pretty sure there are bots for that (although I dont use them and never Will)

Yes I agree that HnH is just not a sandbox survival mmo, but it has a simulation "spirit" with a time period in mind as you pointed. But rememebr we have the WindMill mechanics, where you can put your seeds there and it will turn into flour, eventually.

I can't help with ideas for the OP, but i wanna say to you, don't kill an idea before it is even born. Responses like "i don't like it" or "it won't work" will not help and possibly kill a future good idea to pop out in response of it. Let to discuss its pratical issues and gameplay impact after a more robust idea come to life. :geek:

Agreed Lets ser what idea comes from it.
W5 hermit
W6 hermit
Dropout
1/2 w11 hermit other 1/2 citizen of Arkona
WESKERBOY

Postby Pickard » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:00 pm

TalosB wrote:...

Yeah, also add belts and inserters please. Lets get rid of bots the right way!
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby Fostik » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:59 pm

As I understand, this will be a thing when OCO mechanics will be added to game engine.
Without interaction between two different objects most of ideas like that will not be possible
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Return to Critique & Ideas