Crossing Rivers with Horses

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Crossing Rivers with Horses

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:Rivers are kind of the only way to stop people with horses chasing you forever if you don't have a safe pali nearby. But ending chases quicker might just be a good thing.

Raw hide stops the horse and attacker
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:16 am

Apocoreo wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:Rivers are kind of the only way to stop people with horses chasing you forever if you don't have a safe pali nearby. But ending chases quicker might just be a good thing.

You use the horse to run in front of someone while your friends chase to cut them off. Or if you're on an alt just steal speed buffs. Rinse and repeat until they're dead.
DDDsDD999

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:58 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
Apocoreo wrote:

You use the horse to run in front of someone while your friends chase to cut them off. Or if you're on an alt just steal speed buffs. Rinse and repeat until they're dead.

If you're alone, on foot, being attacked by a group with horses and coordination I don't see why you should be able to get away. also if they have that level of coordination, why not friends/alts on the other side of the river blocking you, like how is that relevant in context to the thread's topic? Also couldn't they just hop off the horse and swim after you? We could make it so horses swim far slower than hearthlings.

I'm just tried of having to go home or abandon my horse when nomading my dude.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas