Battle Cries

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Battle Cries

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:45 pm

shubla wrote:Cool idea, but will not happen. Same reason as why we don't have voice chat in HnH.
I don't think that anime girls would be an issue, but I don't want to hear screamer or equivalent every time I see somebody.

I don't know which would be worse... an audio file I can mute or colors I can't change.... Some bases I wander past, it's like some them are screaming in my eyes. (Suppose I could hack the client to only show default sails, banners, colors, etc.)

And I suppose that's probably the end of it there--everyone will have these things muted in their clients because of the troll audio, so would there be much point of it getting added?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:09 pm

MagicManICT wrote:so would there be much point of it getting added?

loftar wrote:git da mony
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:17 pm

Could be curated and cost enough that J&L curating it is worth their time. Even if it's like $100, it'd be cool to occasionally hear that rare SCREEEEE battlecry of that one whale.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Zentetsuken » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:15 pm

Why not just have something like a war horn that we can equip?

It can be linked to some sort of musical midi interface thing like an instrument but maybe we can change the pitch?

if the midi tone was something that sounded like a roar with changing pitch and we could save a few seconds of us playing it and re-play it like a macro that would probably be enough

Doesn't even have to be an equipable instrument, maybe just an unlockable or purchaseable emote thing brings up the midi interface

Zentetsuken

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:17 pm

-1 I'd have to play with headphones all the time in case some autist charges me screaming the N-word over and over. My neighbors might hear it think "fuck that loser plays Haven and Hearth".
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Baldarich » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:22 pm

In legacy there was a dev only item called Xanadu hound's cape it would perform a howling noise when engaging combat. Would be cool to see such things and more dev only items
Teleskop wrote:if the chance to win a lottery is 1 to 1 000 000 it doesnt mean im any closer to winning after buying 1 000 000 tickets
Baldarich

Postby dafels » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Apocoreo wrote:-1 I'd have to play with headphones all the time in case some autist charges me screaming the N-word over and over. My neighbors might hear it think "fuck that loser plays Haven and Hearth".

There are so many things to do in life, to study in life and to experience, but yet you decide to suffer and talk ill of autists and, most importantly, of my Battle Cries idea. What are you doing with your life?
dafels

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:19 pm

Chatting with likeminded fools and preventing future suffering.

I like the idea of battlecries as an ability but not with custom sounds.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby dafels » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:18 am

I want the Battle Cries.
The price should be adjusted to inflation though, from 6$ to 9$
dafels

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas