remove crop quality cap, reduce growth rate instead

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

remove crop quality cap, reduce growth rate instead

Postby AriZona » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:38 pm

Crop quality cap practically stalls the game play for many; down to quitting. Better turn capping quality nodes into nodes modifying crop growth rate. Then everybody can harvest higher quality crops, but some will get it slower, some faster.
AriZona

Re: remove crop quality cap, reduce growth rate instead

Postby kiddoinc » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:29 am

quality caps are way too low. like super low for any long term play.
kiddoinc

Postby Clemence » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:32 am

low or not low, its not the question imo, for now the devs want to know if the game can live with a cap, so better for the cap to be low so we can see faster if something intersting can come from a world with a cap.
Clemence

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:01 am

Haha FlaxQuality.py meet your need friend LeafThief.py, together you will make it so instead of the plebs having crops 30% lower quality than mine, they'll be 30% lower for 3 months then I will continue to scale infinitely as they stop growing at all.

Truly, class division is the only thing separating us from the animals, and Jorbtar clearly agrees nobody except top autists should have a chance to have any good shit. Quit for a month? Haha fuck you, you never get to have good industry again. Don't wanna run a flax bot 24/7/365? Haha fuck you. Don't wanna collect 3 stockpiles of heartwood leafs a month? Haha fuck you.

Farming in the best state its ever been in

I remember when we realized topQ crop cap nodes were super rare, I thought to myself "wow, this is implemented in the worst way possible, but at least I won't have to run multiple farming bots all day every day"
Then Jorb decided you know what, frick that, let's keep the bad shit from this compromise, but ruin any good it did. Now in addition to harvesting/replanting flax/turnips every hour, I gotta harvest a stupid number of heartwood leafs every month.

Really, if you had asked me to come up with a way to make grinding cropQ as bad as possible 6 months ago, I don't think I could've thought of anything worse than crop circles.

PS: Rose Gold farming update was good in theory, but abusable in practice as well
PPS: Crop speed growth nodes are retarded as well
PPPS: Uniform quality growth made production farming better, but was absolutely horrible for raising cropQ
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby iamahh » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:21 pm

all rightie then
Last edited by iamahh on Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iamahh

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:35 pm

He has a good god damn point. Farming is intended to be something done by players, yet every change makes it more bot demanding. That shit is becoming more and more painful to do without bots.

Also crop speed nodes are SO BAD, people growing turnips 2x faster than us, just cause fuck us losers haha.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby AriZona » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:30 pm

Nightdawg wrote:Also crop speed nodes are SO BAD, people growing turnips 2x faster than us, just cause fuck us losers haha.

As long as there is no quality caps on crops, I'm fine. I know from some ppl around me feeling the same way.
AriZona

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:26 pm

AriZona wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:Also crop speed nodes are SO BAD, people growing turnips 2x faster than us, just cause fuck us losers haha.

As long as there is no quality caps on crops, I'm fine. I know from some ppl around me feeling the same way.

Well that's cool when you larp, but me having q200 turnips and other people having q400 turnips and literally everything you can make out of them, like mulch, fodder, etc., is not cool.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby iamahh » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:33 pm

whatever makes Snail pissed I'm ok with

it's one advantage of playing the game for what it is

no need for maniacal competition to enjoy HH, pretty much the opposite is my experience
iamahh

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:08 am

Nightdawg wrote:He has a good god damn point. Farming is intended to be something done by players, yet every change makes it more bot demanding. That shit is becoming more and more painful to do without bots.

Also crop speed nodes are SO BAD, people growing turnips 2x faster than us, just cause fuck us losers haha.

Just don't be unlucky. You honestly had it coming.

I know jorb likes to say botting is indicative of bad mechanics, but all they ever do is make the botting more effective.
DDDsDD999

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas