Personal to guild claims

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Personal to guild claims

Postby maze » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:30 am

I already said this idea here: http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=867825#p867825

Copy and pasting it here:

Once a claim is dried it can be turned into a personal claim or a guild claim.
You can be invited into any guild claim.
Guild claims will act like personal claim, but anyone can claim a guild token to give exp.
This would ideally help towns with management later but also help with management earlier in the world with groups/permissions in other towns.

Personal claims should have the ability to be turned into guild claims.
Guild claims should work semi like towns.
There is an owner of a guild claim.
A player can request to join the guild by clicking on the guild claim. owner can accept, deny or ignore (ignores until the next relog) .
The owner can set perms the same way a town handles perms.
A player can own any number of guild claims and people can join any number of guild claims.
I like either idea, if a player is part of a guild it saps exp just like a town or a player can get a guild token a give exp willing; one or the other...

Why is this ideal?
At the start of the game this can handle small/ large groups.
This can be used to better handle people and diplomats in towns...a hell of a lot less chaos.
This can help with markets...shit this just helps all over the place. add something like this to the game xD
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Re: Personal to guild claims

Postby vatas » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:44 am

Current system only requires people to kin the character who owns the claim and that character to move them into permissions group.

I'm not convinced that there needs to be any more methods.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby maze » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:29 pm

vatas wrote:Current system only requires people to kin the character who owns the claim and that character to move them into permissions group.

I'm not convinced that there needs to be any more methods.

current system requires Alts to manage multiply claims within a city or around the world.
if you want to have 9 different claims with 9 different perms you'd be run thin on one character.
There also many other reason to have a more "guild claim" rather then personal claims.
a guild claims could manage over a full city of different groups, one of the problems I ran into one of my towns.
Another part is wanted one of my friends access to one claim but not another, neutrals and unfriendly to have access to one area, but again not another group of unfriendlys...and the full things keeps getting more complicated.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby LadyV » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:45 am

I am not sure I like the way you put forth the idea. It seems a bit riff for abuse of taking peoples claims. If you want to divide areas under an existing city/kingdom then request a special permissions ability similar to claims that lets you size the area as you would from a claim post.
LadyV

Return to Critique & Ideas