Ability to change out variable materials in buildings

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Ability to change out variable materials in buildings

Postby WowGain » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:47 am

Allow the ability to renovate existing structures to renovate them and swap out materials to change the look of them.

If for balance's sake this could be restricted solely to buildings which have no inherent quality to them (No kilns, looms, etc).
Its a bit of a pain in the ass that small mistakes with the math on how much of X type of material is needed could completely ruin a certain look of a building, and we should be allowed to fix those small, easy to make mistakes.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Re: Ability to change out variable materials in buildings

Postby Massa » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:26 am

WowGain wrote:Allow the ability to renovate existing structures to renovate them and swap out materials to change the look of them.

If for balance's sake this could be restricted solely to buildings which have no inherent quality to them (No kilns, looms, etc).
Its a bit of a pain in the ass that small mistakes with the math on how much of X type of material is needed could completely ruin a certain look of a building, and we should be allowed to fix those small, easy to make mistakes.

instead of larping might i interest you in selling me swill since you have so much time
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby WowGain » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:21 am

Massa wrote:snip

'if you want to do more than play spreadsheet optimization simulator ur larping xd'

i think most people who play this game for more than just watching funny number get bigger enjoy having the stuff they build look nice
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:03 pm

You can always use sketchbooks to change mats that went wrong or you don't like the look of once built, it would be nice to have a means of doing it in-game but then that would reduce the need for sketchbooks and it's probably quite a good source of income for devs, not as much ofc as subs but I alone use enough of them to provide a good daily meal!

:)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Massa » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:33 pm

WowGain wrote:
Massa wrote:snip

'if you want to do more than play spreadsheet optimization simulator ur larping xd'

i think most people who play this game for more than just watching funny number get bigger enjoy having the stuff they build look nice

I find living in a dirt hovel surrounded by hundreds of poorly placed large chests quite liberating, especially with the slag buildings.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Return to Critique & Ideas