Catch-up Mechanics and Quality Progression

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Catch-up Mechanics and Quality Progression

Postby telas » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:01 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Personally, I find farming a node a lot less fun than actually exploring & bumping into other players, but my actual issue with bones is their exclusivity. How many people do you think actually saw Q700-800 bones this world? My guess is a very small minority. I would really like it if more people had access to cool stuff with lower barriers to entry. I feel like it would make the world feel more lively, regardless of how the exclusivity is lowered.

this is BS, you hate people...

Nightdawg wrote: Not only this, but it's really unfair when someone gets a q400 angler spot right next to their level 1 minehole from the start of the world, and other people can't go past q200 with the first 30 angler spots they check.
At least without quality nodes we have equal chances, which would also work nice with removing +500% quality nodes.

that's something to fix, its not fair at all
telas

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:40 pm

I don't think any anglers are good enough to make a significant difference for anybody except the plebs
I live next to a Q700+ whale node ecks dee
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:50 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:I don't think any anglers are good enough to make a significant difference for anybody except the plebs
I live next to a Q700+ whale node ecks dee

That was just an example and what you just said is literally the same thing but you replaced "angler" with "whale" :roll:

However, finding a q700 whale from the very first days is harder than just having one of those angler spots spawn right under where you settle from the very start of the world, just saying.
You don't need 10 snekkja scout bots for that angler.

500% quality nodes are stupid no matter what they affect.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:56 pm

No, I wholeheartedly agree the rarity of truly highQ nodes, and the quality variance is unfun.
I would maintain, though, a quality 400 node being literally inside your willage in the current climate doesn't matter that much, if only because of the potential being much greater. You should outgrow Q400 bones pretty quickly if you're tryharding.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas