Vanilla client lacking features

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Vanilla client lacking features

Postby Fostik » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:00 am

Tried to play few hours with vanilla, and there are some things that should be implemented.

1. Show quality.
You need to enable this option for every login. Please make displaying quality default in haven, quality is essential mechanic that doesn't need to be optional.

2. Hand slots, belt hotkey
Switching stuff and taking something from belt seems really inconvenient. And while there are ability to place toolbelt to hotkey slots, there are still no hotkey for it.
Also hand slots should be available in main HUD without opening equipment window.

3. Flower menu petal auto selection
Please add ability to auto select petal instead of clicking every time. Just add ability in the hotkeys assignment menu to select options which will be auto clicked during appearance in flower menus.
E.g. Butcher, Slaughter, Pick, etc.

4. Auto foraging
In custom clients there are hotkey "Q" which just picks nearest forage, it is much more convenient clicking every time on forage.

5. Ability to reassign inventory hotkeys
For example, transfer all items from one inventory to other is Ctrl + Shift + LCM, which leads to dropping all items of that type from inventory in custom client. This is counter intuitive.

Will be glad if someone will add some points, or discuss existent.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Re: Vanilla client lacking features

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:59 pm

Fostik wrote:Will be glad if someone will add some points, or discuss existent.

Doing that will turn this topic into a huge grab-bag, which will make magicman close the topic, just saying.

Nightdawg wrote:toggling the bad camera without having to guess a hidden console command, having a hotkey to *right click* the closest forageable object, hotkey to drink from one of the 25 containers in your belt/inventory without having to bind each of them to the action bar (also detect which one still has water in it), indicators to show how much liquid you have in said containers, auto-toggling stuff like tracking, criminal acts or swimming by default when you log on, being able to select what you see on the minimap (not limited to forageables and creatures, but also specific tree/boulder types, or other objects such as siege engines, etc.), being able to hide trees/boulders while only showing their hitboxes, being able to disable terrain smoothing to actually know which tiles are water or sprint tiles, being able to disable flavor objects (though new render client might remove the need to do this), being able to have a larger minimap so you can see where your party members are (outside of your range of sight), having extra buttons to destroy the closest crop on a treillis, to shoo animals, to fill smelters the right amount of coal without having to count everything, dismount the closest rider, easier to distinguish colors for openings in combat, adding 4 branches to the closest oven, auto-filet all fishes, seeing percentage indicators when crafting or doing other actions, percentage indicators to show the health of objects (especially mining beams and knarrs/snekkjas), being able to mine more than one tile at a time, alarms for objects/entities that pop on your screen, such as specific animals, red-marked hearthlings or unknown hearthlings, harvesting the nearest dream catcher, using a clover on the nearest wildhorse/auroch/mouflon, aggroing all nearby non-party players, aggroing animals without having to actually click on their model (I'd like to know if anyone can click bees, I managed to do it once), having a keybind to cycle through your combat targets, seeing people's openings and coins without having to target them specifically, showing line vectors that indicate the direction players are walking towards, drawing circles under party members, ACTUAL INDICATORS to show what stuff you have toggled on (tracking, swimming, criminal acts, etc.), highlighting drying racks that are finished, highlighting tanning tubes that are finished, highlighting empty chicken coops/rabbit hutches/throughs, showing some aggro radius for aggressive wild animals, showing attributes and softcap in crafting windows, curiosity completion percentage, showing arrow vectors, highlighting your current target in combat, displaying cooldown time in combat, preventing me to drop items while I'm over water tiles, selecting stuff to drop automatically while I mine, showing the radius of mining columns, showing what kind of ore/stone tiles are in my range of sight, showing the server time, zooming out beyond the limit, auto-selecting options from flower menu (such as "Giddyup!" for horses), livestock manager, show FEP percentages on foods, set my player speed to run on log in, having a hotkey to open/close the closest non-visitor gate, showing stage indicators on crops, showing growth indicators on trees, and probably more stuff I can't specify off the top of my head.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby iamahh » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:35 pm

agree these are high priority and biggest impact

- hand/belt exposed interface

- save toggles for radius and quality

- consistent stockpile/container sorted transfer

Hotkeys should fix later problem for most. I miss Amber's simple Alt+(Rclick/Lclick) for asc/desc transfer across all containers/stockpiles
iamahh

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:48 pm

Fostik wrote:3. Flower menu petal auto selection
Please add ability to auto select petal instead of clicking every time. Just add ability in the hotkeys assignment menu to select options which will be auto clicked during appearance in flower menus.
E.g. Butcher, Slaughter, Pick, etc.

Deff implement this, but a first step that might be nice is simply having Shift + Lclick select the option in the top of the flower menu. Slaughtering a million animals? Now your clicks are halfed. Picking Herbs? Shift + Lclick. Chipping? Shift + Lclick.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:31 am

Nightdawg wrote:Doing that will turn this topic into a huge grab-bag, which will make magicman close the topic, just saying.

I'd more likely merge it into the most recent "updates needed for the client that mods have" thread. I haven't looked for it yet. ;) But seriously, so much has already been posted, this thread or others. It's jorb's rule more than anything, and I don't blame him. When it comes to simply mentioning an item or two, this is fine, but when it dives into a deeper discussion on one point or another, it becomes too easy to lose track of who is talking about what.

On topic, I'd throw in my two cents here, but I just haven't been playing enough recently. After playing with a village last world, hermiting just isn't doing it for me as I still hate dealing with the livestock that are necessary for good STR and CON gain to keep myself safe while mining. Also, some of what I was asking for has been implemented, namely the export/import and merging functionality of the maps. The rest are things that are just "general asks" that doesn't have anything to do with any specific client, but are general QoL features that, so far, haven't been able to be implemented into any client, mods or otherwise (labels on cupboards, etc).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:04 pm

MagicManICT wrote:I'd more likely merge it into the most recent "updates needed for the client that mods have" thread. I haven't looked for it yet. ;) But seriously, so much has already been posted, this thread or others. It's jorb's rule more than anything, and I don't blame him. When it comes to simply mentioning an item or two, this is fine, but when it dives into a deeper discussion on one point or another, it becomes too easy to lose track of who is talking about what.

I wasn't pointing fingers or something, I just don't know any other mod on this forum. I'm not saying doing that would be bad/wrong.

But now that I think about it, we can consider this topic more of a critique thread and go around that rule a little bit ifyouknowwhatimean :D
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Return to Critique & Ideas