Some ideas and polishing of the game stuff

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Some ideas and polishing of the game stuff

Postby tyrtix » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:16 pm

Here a number of polishing things for the game, along with a couple of things that can be implemented easily and could be new ideas.

- Foodstuff: fruit leather, a way to cook and store fruits and berries known since the stone age, made by make a paste from fruits and let it dry to the sun; root roastm, we already have a couple roots edible in game, we could even just wrap them in leaves and cook them a bit for a better food source; fruit juice should be easy to store in glass bottles so we don't have always to make some more, also lemonade

- cattail fibers could be used to make an early kind of "clothing" wich can be used to make rough beds (but at least better than the bough ones), a kind of carpet for decoration, maybe an early kind of tablecloth with very limited bonuses; also useful to make a starter kind of pants/shirts that do not just aling with nettle

- many of the new animals still not giving fighting moves, including rats: i'd like to start and not just kill bats forever to get the moves i need, some variety is not bad. Also, since bow needs leather, sling could just become a different type of ranged weapon, and use stones just to kill small animalsm, so to remove the need of leather to build one, since they can easily been built in RL with just a nettle string

- while we have now alchemy, could be cool if we could dry herbs and have a stackable, grinded form of herb to be used like that, so we do not have to have cupboards full of just any kind of those just to check combos, or fill cupboards with wicker baskets to have more storage room.

- we still don't have a fireplace in our houses (damn salem was so nice in that), nor some different furniture than cupboards, for inside: for example, i'd like a form of smaller footprint cupboard that we can use as an inside "wall" to build rooms in our small houses, and still have some storage; also: can we have the chance to pave/change colour of inside walls by planking them with wooden boards we already have? textures are there, i don't think it's too hard to make them work as the sketches.
tyrtix

Return to Critique & Ideas