Punishment by Viking Gods

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Punishment by Viking Gods

Postby Lalaxx » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:12 pm

dafels wrote:You're doing exactly the same, trying to impose your perverted and selfish worldview onto me. Fuck you too.
The game won't grow when the devs try to please everyone and its been stagnating for years. They need to pick on how the game they really want to be and embrace the full experience of it, otherwise the game doesn't excel at anything. That is more what I would like to see. Peaceful or not, it is up to them to decide but I don't think they even have considered such a decision.

I think game suppose you to go and fight. Not just farm quality and whine about no late game. Late game is a PvP.

more PvP events would be cool tbh. Dungeons are great but it seems devs just can't find time for another dungeon.
I think too that h&h shouldn't be another farmland simulator.
for me and my perspective this game about fights after fights after fights.
Lalaxx

Postby Apocoreo » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:51 pm

What if only combat stats were decreased on death? Still a problem for miners, just putting that thought out there.

dafels wrote:You're doing exactly the same, trying to impose your perverted and selfish worldview onto me. Fuck you too.
The game won't grow when the devs try to please everyone and its been stagnating for years. They need to pick on how the game they really want to be and embrace the full experience of it, otherwise the game doesn't excel at anything. That is more what I would like to see. Peaceful or not, it is up to them to decide but I don't think they even have considered such a decision.

Between more PvE, death less common, and sieges more difficult I think they've already chosen their direction bud :lol:
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby WowGain » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:17 pm

W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:22 am

Ok, let's go back to basics, then. What is the core mission statement for the design of Haven & Hearth? What are the developer thoughts on PvP? PvP is there as a means of deal with issues players have with each other, not as a primary focus of the game. Trying to get an artist--any artist--to make artwork they aren't invested in at any level just isn't going to happen, or if it does, it's not going to be good. When it's a form of art that requires multiple disciplines (say like any video game, but especially an MMO of any sort), it's not simply "not going to be good," it's going to be a burning trash heap fairly quickly.

If you want a war game, where everything revolves around PvP, they are out there. PvP in Haven should be good and I can agree with the argument that maybe it should be something everyone feels comfortable participating in, but I don't think that line of thinking is going to jive very well with the other wants of the player base--permadeath (or no permadeath), infinite progression, complexity in systems (opinions vary on amount, of course), etc.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas