Cave Scorpion

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Cave Scorpion

Postby vatas » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:16 pm

Big anthropoid with venomous stinger. Can only use it's stinger at high openings, and said body part could be a curio.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Cave Scorpion

Postby Apocoreo » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:47 pm

Caves are getting kinda annoying with all the monsters. How about on mudflats?
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:56 am

Apocoreo wrote:Caves are getting kinda annoying with all the monsters. How about on mudflats?

I think, personally, that distinctly different enemy sets at different cave depths would be sick. Rats and bats on L1, Lice and Slimes starting maybe on L2, Scorpions starting on L4, etc. More of a meaningful sense of progression/change as you descend would be nice.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Thaydi » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:51 am

Audiosmurf wrote:
Apocoreo wrote:Caves are getting kinda annoying with all the monsters. How about on mudflats?

I think, personally, that distinctly different enemy sets at different cave depths would be sick. Rats and bats on L1, Lice and Slimes starting maybe on L2, Scorpions starting on L4, etc. More of a meaningful sense of progression/change as you descend would be nice.

Good suggestion, indeed. +1
World 10 - Founder and Duke of the Duchy of Rattenschloß
World 9 - Founder of Meadhaus County
Thaydi

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:20 am

Audiosmurf wrote:

Yeah this won me over, rats and bats are meaningless on level 8.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:42 am

My other idea is to make rats cool by making them get One Bigger for every level you go down, and stronger as you descend, but not super strong. On L1 they're rat-sized, on L2 maybe beaver sized, by L4 they're boar sized, so on.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Liss12 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:04 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:My other idea is to make rats cool by making them get One Bigger for every level you go down, and stronger as you descend, but not super strong. On L1 they're rat-sized, on L2 maybe beaver sized, by L4 they're boar sized, so on.

I would prefer something more menacing and abominable lurking in depths rather than just bigass rats. Not scorpions tho its just dumb.
Liss12

Postby dafels » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:56 pm

If it will perma-kill with its sting, then I support this idea
dafels

Postby tyrtix » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:03 pm

i wonder why we have mammots but not other megafauna like sabertooth tigers, or trolls but not jotuns...
tyrtix

Return to Critique & Ideas