Cave dust stacking

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Cave dust stacking

Postby Kirche » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:07 pm

cave dust should automatically stack itself when you pick it up from the cave floor, very annoying to collect large quantities of cave dust as it is now
Kirche

Re: Cave dust stacking

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:26 pm

This is how we know the information the mining game gives us. Seems impractical to destroy that information.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Kirche » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:43 pm

MagicManICT wrote:This is how we know the information the mining game gives us. Seems impractical to destroy that information.

I'm not asking for it to stack on the ground, you could always use basic math and count how much was added to a stack if you wanted, or drop what you have before picking up another piece if you're incapable of doing that.
Kirche

Postby shubla » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:51 pm

Kirche wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:This is how we know the information the mining game gives us. Seems impractical to destroy that information.

I'm not asking for it to stack on the ground, you could always use basic math and count how much was added to a stack if you wanted, or drop what you have before picking up another piece if you're incapable of doing that.

I guess the same could be said for seeds, but the problem lies within qualities. Do you want the different qualities to be merged?

A valid solution could be some toggleable menu thing that would merge all stackable items on pickup if toggled on, so one could choose whether he wants to separate the qualities or just stack stuff up. This actually sounds like a quite good idea. As stacking other things is often annoying too, like pigments and flours.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:29 am

Kirche wrote:

There's always more than one way to skin a cat. Another solution could be to do a 'mass stack' using a key combo like shift+ctrl, which could actually work for anything--seeds, flour, etc. Same for "dropping into a bucket" or other container for fluids.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ctopolon4 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:32 am

lets stuck this numbers... who wanna use them could calc it from SUMM ¦]
ctopolon4

Return to Critique & Ideas