Q of tamed animals & WWW

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Q of tamed animals & WWW

Postby AriZona » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:58 pm

It would make more sense and the gameplay more cohesive, if both - WWW and tameable animals - would retain their nodal Q. Except, these Q would be revealed only after they are dried or tamed, respectively. The Q of killed tamable animals should not correlate with the Q they are tamed.

Furthermore, make WWW randomly disseminate seeds of high Q plants that are grown by players locally.
AriZona

Re: Q of tamed animals & WWW

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:34 pm

I thought WWW already kept their quality?
Animals, I'd rather not. Quality nodes are already annoying enough, at least we all get to start with q10 animals.

Though there's no catch-up mechanic for neither, which is a problem imo. Someone suggested WWW giving the highest q seeds from 1 previous season (or something like this) to allow people to catch up to bots, but idk about animals.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby AriZona » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:12 pm

Nightdawg wrote:I thought WWW already kept their quality?
Animals, I'd rather not. Quality nodes are already annoying enough, at least we all get to start with q10 animals.

Though there's no catch-up mechanic for neither, which is a problem imo. Someone suggested WWW giving the highest q seeds from 1 previous season (or something like this) to allow people to catch up to bots, but idk about animals.

My point is that players ever starts from q10 with crops and animals OR they have a choice to keep searching for the best nodes to starts with. As for now, the design of this part of the game is like a fractured mirror.
AriZona

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:27 pm

Occasionally right clicking a WWW as you're roaming around early game, and dropping everything that isn't a high number isn't exactly on par with going through the entire taming process just to get a completely worthless baseQ animal.

WWW randomly disseminate seeds of high Q plants that are grown by players locally

If this does happen it should be either globally or continentally, else I'm sure there will be a way to avoid leaking seeds. A local distribution of topQ seeds already kinda happened when local digging pools were introduced, because the F&I bot was dropping its seeds instead of swilling them. It only being a local leak meant that strain never really got into public circulation, though.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby thomas_ewing » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:31 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:A local distribution of topQ seeds already kinda happened when local digging pools were introduced, because the F&I bot was dropping its seeds instead of swilling them. It only being a local leak meant that strain never really got into public circulation, though.

Those were the days. People would come and dig giant pits outside our walls hoping to get their hands on whatever they could dig up.
thomas_ewing

Return to Critique & Ideas