New Emote: Sit Down and Lying Down

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

New Emote: Sit Down and Lying Down

Postby VliXion » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:45 pm

Hi! What do you guys think about a sitting on the ground emote and a lying down emote? Maybe even a cross-legged sitting emote? A lot of times I have been chatting with other hearthlings and it would be nice if we could just sit on the ground around a campfire or maybe sit next to a tree when we talk. I always liked that you could do something like this in a game called Runescape. Just sitting next to a bard while he's playing a song to listen to.

As always, continue the great work you guys are doing and stay safe!
VliXion

Re: New Emote: Sit Down and Lying Down

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:50 pm

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby vatas » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:34 pm

You can squat down at least.
You should stay squatting until you move.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby VliXion » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:23 pm

Squating down is a nice addition, but I was hoping for something that looks a little less awkward while chilling with a group of people. A bunch of people squating around a campfire doesn't give that cozy feeling. But I appreciate the alternatives, guys!
VliXion

Postby Austinh15 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:56 am

Please God add this. I know it sounds like a waste of sec time but honestly there has been so many time where I want to sit down around a fire and relax, play some music on the various instruments I carry around. It'd go swimmingly with the encamp addition a few updates back. Can't tell you how many times I have to make a temporary chair just for camping. Please jorb grace us with your blessings. Fix this injustice to hearthling asses.
Austinh15

Postby maze » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:11 pm

I once asked jorb to add sitting to "logs" and cross legged sitting.

More RP elements and little nitnacks for the RP, farmvill players who are pretty much the backbone of the game.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby VliXion » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:16 pm

Glad to hear I'm not the only one wanting this! :D
I like the idea of sitting on logs! Whenever you click on an emote you want to use your mouse changes into 'select mode' (or whatever you may call it, the little pointy finger). They can make it so when you click on the ground you will sit on the ground, but when you click on a log you will sit on it like it is a bench. Just a suggestion but I would love it if they make it possible!
VliXion

Return to Critique & Ideas