Remove Returning Tokens to HF

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Remove Returning Tokens to HF

Postby Agrik » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:08 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Is not a token an in-game resource that can be lost or stolen once it has been purchased?
Um, by "in-game resource" I meant "totally in-game resource".

MagicManICT wrote:What is the broken part of it?
It's the part where the "basis of (game) economy" is created as an item given personally to you in exchange for real currency.

MagicManICT wrote:What part of it would be different if it were strictly "in game item based" as it was in previous worlds?
The game (by means of its economy) would have less dependency on existence of clients who buy and sell game objects for real currency.

MagicManICT wrote:There's a lot of discussion on RMT, but very little actual discussion of the issue, problems, ethics, and realities of life and games.
I'm not sure what "discussion of the issue, problems, ethics, and realities of life and games" you're contrasting to the RMT discussion.

MagicManICT wrote:Changing the role of tokens doesn't change those things.
I'm only addressing the point about tokens being a basis of economy, which I don't see as a state worth striving for.

MagicManICT wrote:My whole point is changing the supply or demand for tokens is going to potentially be a huge shift in their value.
I believe nothing would change in supply and demand if tokens would return to the buyers' HF at the end of the world. Anybody would still be able to buy them in the "Shoppe" at the same price, and anybody wishing to consume them would get the same outcome.

There would be change in "demand" for use as currency, though I'm not sure how big. Judging by posts here on the forums, it looks like the economy is already a bit overfilled with tokens.

MagicManICT wrote:Going back to pearls, with the current rules of the game, will be a huge change in the econoomies of Haven.
Probably, but it doesn't say the economy would be worse or better. It'd be as good as the developers would manage to run it. Of course it's easier to piggyback on the real economy. But then it's not much a game world anymore, and you get side effects you won't have a control over.
Agrik

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas