Realm Mechanic Alternative

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Realm Mechanic Alternative

Postby AriZona » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:31 pm

vatas wrote:Would it bee too convoluted:

1. Hermits that aren't part of village can become citizens that contribute some Authority to realm they belong to

That is de facto oathing to realm and does exist now; that option was available always. I assume you mean that realm bonuses would be accessible to a hermit only if they are oathed. That make sense.

vatas wrote:
3. Villages get to, if not "vote" but "request" or "petition" for specific buff (based on amount of Authority they contribute) and Realm benefits from fulfilling these?

It could be an interesting idea that realm buffs would be a subject of direct vote by village (maybe from village idol menu, etc.), where village vote is scaled by the provided authority: more authority a village provides - the stronger their vote. It makes sense. But the "royal" village should always carry a significant weight, like 49% or something to maintain their status quo. The rest % is weighted cumulative vote by real villages.

vatas wrote:
4. Villages can rebel/revolt but they will forfeit all realm buffs if they do so

absolutely

Maybe summarizing, realm have to spread through villages/cities (like naturally happened) and players, but not some silly stone. I foresee better player activity with such mechanics. Also, it would make the realm maintenance and expansion easier, more interactive, and more fun to all players.

+1 vatas
+1 Zentetsuken
AriZona

Postby ZoniaX » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:37 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:But I think leaving content that absolutely nobody likes in the game for years and years is rly bad. .

I liked realms before you raped it!

But i think there could be a solution to all your Con´s and Pro´s

and especially the possibility of a village to choose their realm would do a big change.

unleash buffs from powergame and let the gods (Jorbtar) give realms a buff for big creative achievements ;-)
ZoniaX

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:47 pm

let me guess... You liked realms before I raped it, but you never actually did anything noteworthy to build or maintain a realm. You just saw a buff number that makes the thing you're doing 15% more effective, which is the same as nothing if you have it, because 15% for everybody is the same as 15% for nobody.

You didn't like realms as content.
You weren't logging in because you wanted to do something realm related. You were just indifferent to them when everything was going perfectly, you didn't need to do anything, then when anything bad happens you suddenly didn't like them.

If something has two outcomes one bad, and one neutral, that thing existing is bad.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby ZoniaX » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:30 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:let me guess... You liked realms before I raped it, but you never actually did anything noteworthy to build or maintain a realm. You just saw a buff number that makes the thing you're doing 15% more effective, which is the same as nothing if you have it, because 15% for everybody is the same as 15% for nobody.

You didn't like realms as content.
You weren't logging in because you wanted to do something realm related. You were just indifferent to them when everything was going perfectly, you didn't need to do anything, then when anything bad happens you suddenly didn't like them.

If something has two outcomes one bad, and one neutral, that thing existing is bad.

This world i helped you to build cairns and claim monoliths... at that point i thought its our realm but then you made it yours. I know what it means to race for the coronation stone mine faster dig deeper or bot the pebbles maintain cairns build defend attack build again. It was a goal and it was fun and it was frustrating in W11. But now it needs to be changed.
ZoniaX

Postby AriZona » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:42 pm

ZoniaX wrote: This world i helped you to build cairns and claim monoliths... at that point i thought its our realm but then you made it yours. I know what it means to race for the coronation stone mine faster dig deeper or bot the pebbles maintain cairns build defend attack build again. It was a goal and it was fun and it was frustrating in W11. But now it needs to be changed.

LOL, So ironic :)... I helped expanding a bit building BB cairns at the beginning and it is fine. But realm mechanics should change. I understand that some sole subject may be unhappy because it will reduce their personal importance and all the virtually boted empire. Realms should be made by multiple people and vilages.
AriZona

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:48 pm

I rly think you guys are overestimating the value or effort of building 10-50 cairns in a random pattern that isn't designed to block other realms...
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby ctopolon4 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:08 am

just need 1 global moderated chat, 1 global god to pray to buffs
(mb 2 to make here some confrontation) (alliance & horde)
ctopolon4

Postby Zentetsuken » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:09 pm

my idea does not make maintaining a realm easier in any way, it also doesn't necessarily make it more accessible

the idea is to neuter them, make it so there can potentially be many more, and make it so the battles between them are highly focus on world wonders

the benefits would be much less but the experience would be much more larpy and has the potential to catalyze wars more with realm-helping resources being limited to structures you find in the world, rather than ones you build yourself.
Zentetsuken

Postby AriZona » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:23 pm

Realms are made of people and loyal villages, not dropped piles of stone like deer poop in forest here and there. Thus their implementation should be appropriately changed.
AriZona

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:42 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:l

Fair point.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas