Realm Mechanic Alternative

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Realm Mechanic Alternative

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:02 am

AriZona wrote:Realms are made of people and loyal villages, not dropped piles of stone like deer poop in forest here and there. Thus their implementation should be appropriately changed.

Come up with some retarded ideas of how you can be of inherent value, so I can make a script one instance of is x10 as effective as your existence by copy pasting existing code and probably get *10 the value from the system than the people it's intended to help

Just make realms LARP
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby AriZona » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:01 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:
AriZona wrote:Realms are made of people and loyal villages, not dropped piles of stone like deer poop in forest here and there. Thus their implementation should be appropriately changed.

Come up with some retarded ideas of how you can be of inherent value, so I can make a script one instance of is x10 as effective as your existence by copy pasting existing code and probably get *10 the value from the system than the people it's intended to help

Just make realms LARP

Then "retarded" is very relative ... LOL. But if u bring now your abilities to script and bot, the yes - I am retarded ( just not sure how much it has to do with the actual game play ). It must be we play different games.
AriZona

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:32 am

Autism is my superpower, not scripting. Making a script to abuse some realm mechanic is probably not a brag because it'd (((probably))) be so simple anybody could do it, unless it's like a rly dank autopather to make cairns or something.

Consider the entire mechanical premise/example in OP is:
- Oath villages
- Village performs basic action to >> ??? >> benefit to the realm and by extension the village
- Prevent significant automation of the ??? by adding a cap per village
- Villager owner can opt out so realm owners are encouraged to care about them

Well, whatever ??? is, presumably for it to work it needs to either be something people were going to do regardless, or something that DIRECTLY benefits the people doing it (EX: sacrificing resources for the buff specifically their village gets to be better(which is rly just starting to look like village buffs instead of realms, anyway)). Maybe not full automation, but at least some has already been applied to basically everything this could describe. The specific step by step actions that generates authority or what have you at a baseline are very easy to automate, or buy at markets, is what I'm getting at. I don't think anybody is going to disagree.

OK, then consider there are about 900 monthly unique account logins. My completely uneducated highball guess is that's about 600-700 unique users. Another uneducated guess is that 50% of them are using Pclaims instead of villages, and I'm going to really highball here and say there are avg 3 active users per village. So there's ~120 villages in game.

Ideally how many villages should a realm have attached to it in order to achieve maximum efficiency? 20% of them? 50% of them? 100%? Villages are cheap. Maintaining villages is cheap. Right now I'm not even playing, but I'm still maintaining 15-20ish villages across the world. Two people made somewhere between 90-95% of BB. Consider the effort that requires compared to making a 10x10 array of villages and plopping some farming bots or something on them to simulate the avg 1 hour/day play of a regular user.

Heck, don't even compare past efforts, compare the 1-2 day task of making 100 villages compared to FINDING and TALKING with 100 lawspeakers, hoping they don't randomly get sieged, and then making sure nobody in your faction fucks with them so they don't rebel, only for 90% of them to quit after 3 months. It's LAUGHABLE how much easier just making a bunch of villages and doing it yourself would be. Even for somebody who enjoys it, before you even consider fun as a factor.

STILL this OBSCENELY bad idea is one of the best I've heard that suites the general request you guys have of "make me important to this person." It's stupid. You can't balance it. None of this even takes into account the opportunity cost of the devtime spent on this, that is sorely needed in a hundred other places.

Just make realms larp, if they don't have OP buffs only people actually interested in realms & community building will interact with them, and nobody will rly bother to abuse associated exploits. It would take nearly zero dev time. There is no downside.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas