Caps VS bots

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Caps VS bots

Postby ZoniaX » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:06 am

I would like to see some caps on stats like on questing: you can get x points of attributes/LP every day which accumulate for 3 days.
For example: Free account +1 / LP:total of attribute points x 50
Verified +3 / LP:total of attribute points x 150
Subscibed +5 / LP:total of attribute points x 250
+1 Additional point afther your 3. quest.

No Cap if you are more than 10% behind the strongest.
(optional: to regain the full bonus your char has to sleep/logout for atleast 8hours within 24 hours)

Farming cap: a max of + 50 every Year would do the job also WWW get a bosst of +30 every year
Afther 5 years it would look like (based on q10) farmed crops 260 vs www 160.

I chose this numbers because they seem realistic to get without bots and grinding 16h/day.
ZoniaX

Re: Caps VS bots

Postby shubla » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:09 pm

Only ones to resists capping are those who bot/nolife q1000 carrots.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Fostik » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:20 pm

Isn't it will lead to same problem, when botters will be able to achieve max stat per day, while fair players will get less, and it will be even more difficult for new players to catch up?
Also, there are already enough gating mechanics in stat gain, I'm afraid Korean mechanics doesn't works for games like that.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby ZoniaX » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:25 pm

Thats why we need smal numbers here

5 points a day isnt much even afther 100 days it would be possible to catch up within a short time without botting
Also you have to choose what stats you focus.
There wont be a 500 str miner on day 10 but alot of 60 str miners.

Also if you decided to make a fighter and keept on maxing all days even a hermit could pick a 1vs1 fight afther day 100 because he isnt facing a bot stuffed titan.

Current gate mechanics for stats are just a joke if you compare a fair player with a player that use a bot to feed his toon at optimal values.
ZoniaX

Postby Fostik » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:33 pm

What is toon, and do you really think that bots can do any help in first days?
This thing starts to look like conspiracy theory more and more, can we get this shit banned from forum?
Last edited by Fostik on Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby vatas » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:24 pm

I think Salem had at least a small problem with people able to play 24/7 leveling up easier, at least in early game (you could eat an easy to make Omega food once every thirty minutes or so to get stat-up) so in this case at least people who play 12 hours a day get exponentially scaling advantage, not just x6 compared to someone who can only play 2 hours a day.

I only ever get to slightly above 100 piles though, and got impression that on higher levels people used tons of restoration foods and combination of different types to get multiple days of Gluttony cooldown.

Sorry if this makes no sense, I'm just trying to argue that any sort of hourly/daily gate on feasting is bad idea (which satiations kind of are but they crucially made them cost less hunger at higher satiation so there's an option for quantity over quantity approach.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:16 pm

any time-gating is bad...
HnH is mmO - I can't imagine a worse idea for ONLINE game than to discourage ppl to stay ONLINE. If I spend 18hours a day in this game, someone who plays 2 hours a week shouldn't have the same profit, otherwise, I would spend 2h a week too, and then someone who spends 1h a month will come up and say "hey, I want to be competitive too", and eventually we will have 3 players playing 1h a year (and fucking aleck, with his shitty ideas of how to improve the game he last loggined at in 2018)
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby ZoniaX » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:20 pm

Fostik wrote:What is toon

Toons are humanized animals or objects that are heavily caricatured. They survive life-threatening accidents, where they crumble to dust and play again in the next scene, mostly unharmed. They do not obey the same physical restrictions.
ZoniaX

Postby Phaen » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:41 pm

Fostik, toon is just another way to say character
Phaen

Postby ctopolon4 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:01 am

any player can do 20-40cheeses x3types 20x3sausages 20x3(jotun steak pie) every day & get 50 each stat every day, but this dont mean everybody should do that and wanna do that!
its easy for botters and nolifers and donaters (most part of game community).
casuals should play their sandbox and have fun with their free watching the hourglass...
i can reccomend liveWallpapper games like "Dreeps" if you wanna get progress when do nothing (spend time, money, knowledge)

player who gets everything in this game have social network from 100 players, plays 8-16hr per day, have 100+ tokens & hats, know Java and have few more programmers in team - dont should compare with casual plebs
ctopolon4

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas