Caps VS bots

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Caps VS bots

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:50 am

Fostik wrote:do you really think that bots can do any help in first days?

Yes
- alarm bot that pings discord (made a proof-of-concept of this myself)
- auto foragers
- scout bots

And those that just save time like
- chopper to make block for pali
- digger to flatten land
- cook for nutjerky and leaf roasts

All the more time for raiding. Automation is incredible.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Fostik » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:47 am

Guys, I mean true tryharders and hardcore players does everything by their own, without bots.
If the one has 200 str and 200 masonry on first weeks - this is result of good team organization, distribution of responsibilities, and his own pains.
If someone kills orca/whale or finishes dungeons in first weeks, this is too, big efforts and game experience.

I'm getting tired of selfish players, who unable to properly organize their groups, spreads on many activities at once and raise all stats at once, refusing to trust the group and pick only one specialization, then yelling that everyone who achieved better results - actually gets it from bots.
Yes, bot can automatize your duties, but you need base, storage places, containers for that, which is impossible in first days.
Yes, bot can do labors like paving/leveling, but your friends can too, in the case if you agreed that you will force all your effort to some goal, while they will cover other.
Yes, bot can farm/craft vast starter foods, but it does not give you an exception in satiation, hunger system, also, nothing stopped us to fire full kilns of leaf roll foods every few hours without bots.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:02 pm

Yeah but if you got bots working your players are freed up to perform other tasks, it's a "force multiplier". Sounds like you're describing my group, we're 4-8 at start, depending one the world. Maybe you're describing larger groups? I recall us this world laser-focused on getting the materials for our palisade day... 3 I think. All our team had focused on massing tubs and and hides and just before we start building in comes this fucker in leather armor mugging the locals.

Hey Hermit Wrangler, if you're out there, how you doing buddy? You made early world dangerous and fun.

Base, storage places, containers, how do you not get that shit day 1? Cupboards and a timber house. Scripts that open cupboards, crates and check for specific items etc.

I know for certain labour alts provide "exception in satiation, hunger system", and the more energy is spent by new alts, the more satiation can be dedicated to stat increase on specialized characters, rather than energy for labour. Automation can ease the time-consuming act of mass producing alts, or harvesting shit food like plums for the energy, whatever your strategy.

Look, for all I know you have more in-game experience then me, I'm open to you being right. I've just never seen a case in a game where less efficient play=more progress. Of course there's work better handled by the players themselves, like raiding. I see bots as the means to free up player's time for work better suited to them.

On topic of the thread, I do agree with you that daily caps aren't the answer, unless they're only penalizing those on the top. Even then, it creates a problem where the more or penalize, the more it frustrates those putting in more effort. Mid-level players won't be able to keep up with the daily grind unless you bring the cap low enough to for the hardcore players into being equal with the mid-level ones. I think and ideal solution would reward continuous player while reducing gains over time. We already have that to a point, I just think it is not extreme enough yet.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby ctopolon4 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:17 am

its very comfortable to made 999 cupboards via bot and stuck them in timber house, and manipulate them by scripted alt.char.
999 * 64 storage in 1 tile... sounds great, isn't it ? thx DEVs for adding "bandy" and not fix stucking cupboards and dont stop custom clients :D
also i remember time when only custom clients could pickup dead knarr driver, bcause standart client cant click over knarr to body texture. (same if you drop someth at minehole entrance, or fallen tree blocks your knarr) [not big feature but playable instead vanilla client]
ctopolon4

Postby Ascendre » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:17 am

ZoniaX wrote:I would like to see some caps on stats like on questing: you can get x points of attributes/LP every day which accumulate for 3 days.
For example: Free account +1 / LP:total of attribute points x 50
Verified +3 / LP:total of attribute points x 150
Subscibed +5 / LP:total of attribute points x 250
+1 Additional point afther your 3. quest.

No Cap if you are more than 10% behind the strongest.
(optional: to regain the full bonus your char has to sleep/logout for atleast 8hours within 24 hours)

Farming cap: a max of + 50 every Year would do the job also WWW get a bosst of +30 every year
Afther 5 years it would look like (based on q10) farmed crops 260 vs www 160.

I chose this numbers because they seem realistic to get without bots and grinding 16h/day.

not a big fan of time gating things but it would surely help with the rampant botting problem this game has
Ascendre
Under curfew

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas