add hand slots to Belt interface

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

add hand slots to Belt interface

Postby iamahh » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:38 pm

adding hand slots to belt interface would improve QoL and require no switching algorithms from the devs

2.png
iamahh

Re: add hand slots to Belt interface

Postby Fostik » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:49 pm

I like the idea.
Also, if there will be ability to collapse belt inventory, and expand if need, and the hand slots will be available in both stances, it will be very convenient GUI gadget.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby DoverianDragoon » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:28 pm

Ooh, very convenient, indeed! +1 for this suggestion.
DoverianDragoon

Postby vatas » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:18 pm

Yes please.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby AtoB » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:30 pm

Fostik wrote:I like the idea.
Also, if there will be ability to collapse belt inventory, and expand if need, and the hand slots will be available in both stances, it will be very convenient GUI gadget.
This. If they have hotkeys that work on the hand slots, 24/7.

Then it will be progress worth mentioning.
AtoB

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:47 pm

Yes, absolutely helpful. Although I'd prefer Amber's hand and belt interface, or something more modular. No borders and see through so less of by screen is taken up. The "modular" comment is because it gets unwieldy after you get a troll belt.

i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby mvgulik » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:22 am

I think Ender did a really nice job here.
It comes with (default):
CTRL-3: To open/close the tool belt. Or to place a tool on cursor into the belt (open or closed).
CTRL-1/-2: To pickup/place/switch a tool from/to cursor from/to hand-sloth 1 or 2.
mvgulik

Postby ctopolon4 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:55 am

quick hand hotkeys also pretty good (alt+Z, alt+X). dont know how to play without it
ctopolon4

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:16 am

I think this is kindof one of those asking for a faster horse instead of a car things.

IMO, one of the biggest improvements that could be made to both custom & vanilla clients is the ability to keybind every waterflask to a single key, or a bindable adventure menu that drinks from any containers in your inventory/belt. A drink hotkey is literally the first feature that gets added to custom clients when they're being made. It's one of those things most people consider a prerequisite to clients being usable. Plus it would save a lot of clicks binding 24 waterfasks to action bar 2/3/4.

It would clear up a lot of real estate since 99% of players will go from having their belt open 99% of the time to the inverse of that. It would halve the input delay for drinking for people without clients with access to widget prediction(every public client?) which is kindof a big deal for pvp, and you wouldn't see people get downed after crashing because they forgot to open their belt.

IF you do show hand slows somewhere on the screen, consider making them non-interactable, and forcing people to use keybinds(alt+z, alt+x on our client, I thought it was default?) to click their hand slots. There are lots of examples (even from PVPers) of hand slot items getting dropped from accidentally clicking them. I remember it happening to me like 3 fights in a row when I first started practicing in valhalla.
Last edited by SnuggleSnail on Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby ctopolon4 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:37 am

next ask will be to add script to refill 24waterskins in 1click at nearest barrel\cistern\river

mb just slow down stamina meter? drink once in 1hr, and dont press drinkButton all time
ctopolon4

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas