Additions I'd Love to see with Alchemy

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Additions I'd Love to see with Alchemy

Postby Fostik » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:24 am

IMO, alchemy effects should be revealed after some processings, not just by seeing results in potion. For example, alchemy tests, e.g. 4 recipes of different resources consuming. Each tests reveal only one of alchemy components properties by completelly destroying all ingredients and alchemical component.
Processing should explain their effects, e.g. herbal grind is still unknown effect.

Otherwise it will be used for 1 to 3 recipes in next world, by people who prepared some recipes against adder bite, and other hard to heal wounds like that.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Austinh15 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:53 am

Fostik wrote:IMO, alchemy effects should be revealed after some processings, not just by seeing results in potion. For example, alchemy tests, e.g. 4 recipes of different resources consuming. Each tests reveal only one of alchemy components properties by completelly destroying all ingredients and alchemical component.
Processing should explain their effects, e.g. herbal grind is still unknown effect.

Otherwise it will be used for 1 to 3 recipes in next world, by people who prepared some recipes against adder bite, and other hard to heal wounds like that.

When testing ingredient properties, the only way to determine properties is trial and error using distillates, herbal swills, and other forms of reduction in order to isolate properties in certain spots, by attempting this method, I have NO idea how you'd be able to figure anything out.
Austinh15

Postby Lalaxx » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:49 am

Austinh15 wrote:I like to bring potions along in case someone gets hurt!

To finish them off?
Lalaxx

Postby Ascendre » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:15 am

love all the ideas, especially this one, very useful

Austinh15 wrote:3. Larger doses.
One of the annoying things about treating a wound with a potion is repeatedly having to watch the timer and consume the potion every time.
For example: I have 40 Punch Sore, and I have an elixir that heals 20 per dose. It'd be nice to consume both doses at once. In attempts to balance, you could extend the timer for the potion, as to not allow for the consumption of another potion. I think this would make combat potions more viable as well. I've seen most fights between players vary greatly in time, and the fact that you can't consume another potion halfway through a battle due to combat limitations make the potions silly to bring in the first place, let alone the 2-factor combat balances from W12 start. I believe that potion consumption needs to be looked at just a tad bit more! Maybe at a limit to how many can be consumed at one time, just to prevent HUGE stacking of potions. (AKA +60 Unarmed and 40 doses of the same potion). Also, the Longer and Shorter Duration properties would still play a part here, as the increase of time would be additive based on the dose's time.
!
Ascendre
Under curfew

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas