'Tree ent' suggestion

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

'Tree ent' suggestion

Postby PogJoe45 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:00 pm

Currently this creature is seemingless useless, so unless you have something planned for it already my suggestion is to make it a tough rare mob that sometimes appears in forest biomes.
What I have in mind is to make it the forest equivalent of the chasm conch, unlike the snail which primarily rewards the player with it's conch shards which can be used as rock, after being slain the player would be able to chop down it's corpse to obtain it's logs/blocks of wood, a variety of seeds as well as some curiosities.

PogJoe45
Under curfew

Re: 'Tree ent' suggestion

Postby linkfanpc » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:03 pm

The idea of more tough mobs that give rare bragging rights materials sounds really cool. Could drop seeds that you can grow into Mini-Ents in garden pots that flail their arms around angrily.

Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Re: 'Tree ent' suggestion

Postby shubla » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:38 pm

It could also wreck your wooden houses etc. wooden things to get revenge for you chopping down the trees.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Return to Critique & Ideas