Tree specialization

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Tree specialization

Postby PogJoe45 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:37 pm

Add further tree specialization, just like in real life certain wood types are better than others for certain things, we already have an example of this in-game, coniferous type trees such as the pine tree being the best for making tar, yielding more tar per piece of wood than any other tree.
A few of my suggestions to expand this mechanic:
-Using certain types of wood when boatbuilding would give your vessels certain bonuses for example using a wood such as cedar which has been used historically due to it's nature of being a wood that that takes less time to rot than othe types of wood your boat would take less damage when crossing deep water. There could even be a type of wood that gives your boat a speed modifier making it slightly faster than other boats not using the same type of wood.
The only problem and downside I see with this is people being upset about their boat aesthetics, my solution to this is having a certain threshold you have to hit for those bonuses to be applied while still letting you choose which type of blocks/planks you want to use for your boat.
-There'd be certain types of wood that have been used for fortifications throughout history due to their durability when compared to others, palisades that use certain hardwoods such as oak would have slightly higher health or require higher levels of str to be damaged.
PogJoe45
Under curfew

Return to Critique & Ideas