Single tile gate.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Single tile gate.

Postby mvgulik » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:51 am

So we got 2 and 3 tile gates.

Would be nice to also have a single-tile gate.
(at least for roundpole fence and dry stone wall)
mvgulik

Re: Single tile gate.

Postby arakell » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:44 pm

Or introduce Stiles - as an alternative to gates.
Passable by players, but not passable by animals (leashed or not).
arakell

Postby shubla » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:13 am

Much requested, I think.
Maybe it would look stupid?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:08 pm

I really like the idea of stiles, they fit nicely into the setting and would be ideal for animal pens.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby abt79 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:27 pm

shhh don’t tell the noobs but benches function as perfectly useable stiles (you can sit from one side and exit on the other, while animals cannot pass thru) and some of them are even one tile long!
And unlike whatever jankily-implemented stile j+l waste dev time adding, they can be lifted and relocated as necessary
abt79

Postby vatas » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:41 pm

abt79 wrote:shhh don’t tell the noobs but benches function as perfectly useable stiles (you can sit from one side and exit on the other, while animals cannot pass thru) and some of them are even one tile long!
And unlike whatever jankily-implemented stile j+l waste dev time adding, they can be lifted and relocated as necessary

What if you could pass through stile... while carrying a slaughtered animal?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby BoxingRock » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:33 pm

vatas wrote:
abt79 wrote:shhh don’t tell the noobs but benches function as perfectly useable stiles (you can sit from one side and exit on the other, while animals cannot pass thru) and some of them are even one tile long!

What if you could pass through stile... while carrying a slaughtered animal?

Holy moly that sounds like such good content it would probably take alteast 5 weeks to develop
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:21 am

Yes benches do function in the same way but for me personally it just looks dumb ... I think I can trust Jorb to make a stile ... I don't see it as anymore of a waste of their time than a new bird tbh, I'd much rather have a stile than a bird anyway. :)

vatas wrote:What if you could pass through stile... while carrying a slaughtered animal?

Now that would be something! :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby abt79 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:17 pm

vatas wrote:What if you could pass through stile... while carrying a slaughtered animal?

Sounds good, also sounds like a post-Object Controlled Objects type of thing. Unless it is like a gate that's "solid" for animals and "open" for players
abt79

Postby mvgulik » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:00 pm

... Hm ...
mvgulik

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas