Animals that aggro you should chase you into...

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Animals that aggro you should chase you into...

Postby maze » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:50 am

..into everything!

Anytime an animal aggros you (bear, bat, boar, rat, ect) they should be able to follow you into other screens.
IE: boar aggros you and you run into your house. the boar should be able to follow you into the house!
Or cave, or if your running out of a dungeon with a pack of evil bats they should follow out of the dungeon.

While we're at it allow animals to swim. so boat people are not safe from bear's, boars or moose.
More animals should spit at evil exploiters! everyone should have the mammoths ability!

all of thise is pretty much sarcasm....
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Re: Animals that aggro you should chase you into...

Postby ctopolon4 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:16 am

any joke has only part of joke, all else are truth.

nidbanes cant tp like player and have to fly few minimaps between floors...(gives time to block)[dont steal skull, K.O. for pussys]
mammoth shot could be blocked by trees [fixed for stockpiles, not fixed for trees, was abused even with treeplanters pots, now easy to plant tree by shovel]
make orcas and cachalots so speedy so only 1 way to not lose knar is jump to water & fair fight [wat is fun to fight when enemy cant reach you on ground and stands still?] [same for anglers]
only propose for increased attack range = only for abuses (spear can attack over 1.5 tiles, even over partymember in pvp [brokes bodyblock escape tactics])(same in PvE increased range allows you to attack when enemy cant reach you)
0 armor pen for bows to animals = impossible to kill mammoth until you dont have 500dmg per shot, but possible to kill mammoth by 1 missed tile in palisade. [still dont understand why need add very very hard stone corund and place it into boulders which reque 10str ]
using entrances(house, cave, etc) to abuse fighting... (why not just stop fight if there is no visible contact?) (why not run 2nd or 3rd strategy if animal cant reach the target[regen boost, str boost, despawn&panishment])
wat a point to make creatures 50k HP when it only increases time to abused killing? [advice to reduce dmg, bcause players dont have so much hhp, and after hunting on montsres hunting on players with 500-1500hhp & 0 armor -> becomes a not fun joke]

P.S. just add moderators to spawn nidbanes for every spotted abuse
ctopolon4

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:33 pm

I assume OP is a joke, but it seems unbecoming for people who have played since before the inception of hafen to ask for the early game to be more difficult.

Whenever this gets brought up, there's never a concise reason behind it other than "muh realism". The reality is cheesing animals might feel a bit gamey, but it's more fun and often most a test of a player's ability than just having high stats and killing things with intended methods. Moreover, most if not all mechanics intended to make killing animals more difficult would lock a lot of people out of important industries. Less people being on par actively reduces the amount of the best content in the game, other players.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Clemence » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:11 am

But ... why?
If my vote count, i don't agree.
Clemence

Postby shubla » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:17 am

Could give them an ability to swim a bit for a beginning at least.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby maze » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:02 am

@SnuggleSnail

It is sarcasm, but it's also a reality if J&L input one of their ideas of none instance world.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:52 am

Well, once the housing changes come along, and house interiors are no longer instanced, it's quite possible--probable even--the animals following you in will be a reality.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby azrid » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:03 pm

This exploit should be fixed
azrid

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:47 pm

why
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Godganesh » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:48 pm

azrid wrote:Image
This exploit should be fixed

this is not an exploit, this is the same as killing a bear from a boat, there is no logic in this
Godganesh

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas