roads shouldn't have TW cost

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

roads shouldn't have TW cost

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:51 pm

The road TW nerf was added to prevent road questing, but beyond the first month when resources are very scares for the people who would actually abuse road questing the TW costs aren't prohibitive at all. Regardless, questing cap does the same thing TW was intended to do, but better. It rly only serves to prevent the plebsfrom being mobile.

It seems doubtful that successful CF-like projects will pop up due to the work they need regardless, but I think they're far less likely to be prominent without roads
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Re: roads shouldn't have TW cost

Postby Ardennesss » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:54 pm

Strong disagree, travel should be meaningful and finite! Think of the hermits and their local markets!
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby azrid » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:04 pm

I wouldn't be able to have a local market then.
No thanks.
Thanks to Ardennes for sticking up for the small guys. You have done a lot of good for the Haven community.
azrid

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:26 pm

"The plebs deserve to be immobile so they're forced to interact with me and my hypothetical shitty if it existed market that isn't even real. Me more easily extracting a few extra tokens from the plebs is more important than them enjoying the game, having access to stuff from real markets that have competitive qualities, or being able to interact with other people in a social game"

lol I would be 100% convinced you were being sarcastic like Ard if I hadn't interacted with you extensively before... Especially considering there were more small markets during the time of CF when road had no TW cost than any point after
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Sevenless » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:08 pm

Using a local market vs a major market never impacted my enjoyment as a small villager/hermit since "top quality" was always what I could access and never truly best in the world since factions obviously never traded that.

That said, something's up with this world population wise, and I don't think TW mechanics are the problem. Last world held onto its population better than this one, although I think we all know that the implementation of winter dealt a harsh blow to the pop numbers (stating the obvious: once you stop playing haven, it's really hard to come back into it without a new world).

I remember tales of a particularly harsh faction that had a tendency of killing on sight and/or blackmailing people for cosmetics. Maybe that kind of hostility is ruining things compared to HH's friendly reign towards nabs and randoms? They took advantage of the game mechanics to make things really welcoming to the average hermit/mini village.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby azrid » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:33 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:"The plebs deserve to be immobile so they're forced to interact with me and my hypothetical shitty if it existed market that isn't even real. Me more easily extracting a few extra tokens from the plebs is more important than them enjoying the game, having access to stuff from real markets that have competitive qualities, or being able to interact with other people in a social game"

lol I would be 100% convinced you were being sarcastic like Ard if I hadn't interacted with you extensively before... Especially considering there were more small markets during the time of CF when road had no TW cost than any point after

This world had a lot of different big and small markets. It was amazing when they were up.
You could get some sweet deals from them.
A lot of players don't care about top quality but having a decent enough weapon and pickaxe to clear content is a huge quality of life boost.
Big markets have never been well equipped to serve those kinds of needs.

There is a further benefit of small communities forming that can interact with each other rather than with the antisocial and aggressive nerd factions.
We also need to consider the tourist playerbase who benefit from more markets being scattered around.
Due to their lack of game knowledge many would never see a market if there weren't too many around.

Your globalist ideas are incredibly damaging to this game environment.
azrid

Postby jordancoles » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:12 am

Imagine not having Wandering Sage credo
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Return to Critique & Ideas