Treeplanters pot planting trees

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Treeplanters pot planting trees

Postby shubla » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:40 pm

Treeplanters pot should work so that you right click pot, click plant, then you get tree in your cursor (kind of like lift thing) and then select place for the tree, and then click it down. This way it would be easier to plan the location of the planting.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Re: Treeplanters pot planting trees

Postby hektor96643 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:02 pm

shubla wrote:Treeplanters pot should work so that you right click pot, click plant, then you get tree in your cursor (kind of like lift thing) and then select place for the tree, and then click it down. This way it would be easier to plan the location of the planting.

.. and be able to rotate the tree in the preview for LARPERs wet dream come true.
hektor96643

Postby WowGain » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:28 am

yea i support some way of making it easier to plan out the location of trees without needing custom client tools
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby pawnchito » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:45 am

Sensible. Its annoying having a sweet row looking fresh and uniform and then having one off sticking out like a sore thumb.
pawnchito

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:54 am

-1 to the OP because that's 1 more click but +1 to having a preview of the fully grown tree, like with a house.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:06 am

shubla wrote:Treeplanters pot should work so that you right click pot, click plant, then you get tree in your cursor (kind of like lift thing) and then select place for the tree, and then click it down. This way it would be easier to plan the location of the planting.

please use search:
Enjoyment_2 wrote:when planting trees from a sapling in a pot -just RMB on a pot ant choose "plant tree".
now you have a ghost-image of the (full-grown) tree so you can easily plant it with precise placing and rotating (like lifted objects or building).
not fully against if there still be some randomness in how exactly tree will be tilted but would be better if those left on for wild/shovel-planted ones.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:29 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:

please use search:
Enjoyment_2 wrote:when planting trees from a sapling in a pot -just RMB on a pot ant choose "plant tree".
now you have a ghost-image of the (full-grown) tree so you can easily plant it with precise placing and rotating (like lifted objects or building).
not fully against if there still be some randomness in how exactly tree will be tilted but would be better if those left on for wild/shovel-planted ones.

You use wrong words so I could not find it by searching for treeplanter pot.
Apocoreo wrote:-1 to the OP because that's 1 more click but +1 to having a preview of the fully grown tree, like with a house.

Maybe holding shift or something when planting would immediately plant it without the preview thing so you could plant your trees rapidly as well.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:01 pm

shubla wrote:Maybe holding shift or something when planting would immediately plant it without the preview thing so you could plant your trees rapidly as well.

Yeah this is enough to win me over, +1
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby meus » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:38 am

We plant crops pretty much tile-based - one crop per tile.

True that some trees' trunks may be wider or thinner, and not all trunks fit a tile, but it should be possible to plant trees much like crops - by choosing a tile. In case it doesn't fit - then you'll just not be able to plant it.

Also the Shift-rightclick planting would be great.
meus

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:07 pm

hektor96643 wrote:.. and be able to rotate the tree in the preview for LARPERs wet dream come true.

How about variable images for trees when grown, so that not all trees of a given species look the same?
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas