Thickets?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Thickets?

Postby Jackwolf » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:14 am

Reiber wrote:maybe not neccesarrily make them 6 minimaps wide areas, but clumps, or lines that grow in forest biomes, and act as natural obstacles, make small animals like rabbits,hedhoges and birds nist shelter or spawn there, and big animals are unable too get in, they could act as refuge from an wild boar attack, but slow you down, with an constant chance of nicks and nacks, aswell as minor damage on noniron armour perhaps?

I do like this, but why not both? Some whole new biomes, while other smaller patches are nestled within other woods in the same way. Easiest way I could see is that they're both the same biome only there's a rare chance for large patches with common chances of small patches. It would be really neat if bigger [boar, bear, moose] animals couldn't enter it, sort of like how they can't enter deep water or some animals can't enter shallows. Maybe anything past a crawl gives little ticks of knicks n knacks (hopefully not able to compound them!) and we can even bring back the old "Thorn in your Foot" injury! :lol:

they devenitely should mainly be an obstacle, but make them interesting, bind them intoo the world, and maybe let´s get an funny curio when traversing them or getting rid of em,

I would be really excited to see what curios would come out of them

It would be kind of cool if the medium sized animals were slowed in it, but not greatly so. Oh, and of course any sort of archery has to be impossible in or out of it :lol: It's too thick!
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas