Thickets?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Thickets?

Postby Soukuw » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:01 am

Maybe I just haven't seen them but are they no longer in the game at all?

Kinda sad as they added a lot of character and it would be kind of cool to build in one.
Soukuw

Re: Thickets?

Postby linkfanpc » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:16 am

It's so long so i can't fully recall, but i assume you mean the bramble biome from Legacy that slowed you down? If so, yes, it hasn't existed since legacy.

I agree, i thought they were pretty cool, and rightly intimidating. I kind of miss how dark Legacy seemed sometimes. Building in them was a fun challenge too.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Soukuw » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:41 am

linkfanpc wrote:It's so long so i can't fully recall, but i assume you mean the bramble biome from Legacy that slowed you down? If so, yes, it hasn't existed since legacy.

I agree, i thought they were pretty cool, and rightly intimidating. I kind of miss how dark Legacy seemed sometimes. Building in them was a fun challenge too.

Yep. Mystery really is a good part of this game, some more intriguing landscape preventing progress would be neat.
Soukuw

Postby Sevenless » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:29 pm

I fail to see how 5 FPS was a good game mechanic personally
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:49 pm

Sevenless wrote:I fail to see how 5 FPS was a good game mechanic personally

lol

I've contemplated bringing them back. Will make a note of it!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby vatas » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:49 pm

Thickets had big initial investment but after that they were prime land for development due to being perfectly flat (in Legacy, this meant they had no cliffs (that you couldn't remove) at all.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Jackwolf » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:26 pm

jorb wrote:I've contemplated bringing them back. Will make a note of it!

Please do! I know you guys can make them exceptional with everything you've done lately :D
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:54 pm

Jackwolf wrote:
jorb wrote:I've contemplated bringing them back. Will make a note of it!

Please do! I know you guys can make them exceptional with everything you've done lately :D

Thank you! Sounds like you're having fun!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Jackwolf » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:48 am

jorb wrote:Thank you! Sounds like you're having fun!

Happily celebrating a 10 year anniversary of Haven with this world! It's a seasonal treasure for me n' mine.
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Postby Reiber » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:38 am

maybe not neccesarrily make them 6 minimaps wide areas, but clumps, or lines that grow in forest biomes, and act as natural obstacles, make small animals like rabbits,hedhoges and birds nist shelter or spawn there, and big animals are unable too get in, they could act as refuge from an wild boar attack, but slow you down, with an constant chance of nicks and nacks, aswell as minor damage on noniron armour perhaps?

they devenitely should mainly be an obstacle, but make them interesting, bind them intoo the world, and maybe let´s get an funny curio when traversing them or getting rid of em,

or perhaps wild animal burrows,
rabbit dungeon ?
Reiber

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas