Fix Crabs

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Fix Crabs

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:19 pm

Archiplex wrote:just let me make some thick cloth/wool gloves that apply a penalty to whatever (or hell, has to be held in hand) and lets me avoid quill/crab/etc damage

Poor Man's Gloves--They're not highly effective, but you will see a decrease in damage chances and amount.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Liss12 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:38 pm

I agree crabs are comically overpowered consider how little their products actually worth, there is absolutely no reason to bother picking crabs other than stupid credo quest. And even if you have such quest, real MVP move will be just abandon it and hope for the best, rather that searching for crabs and recieving debilitating injuries.
Liss12

Postby Archiplex » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:07 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Archiplex wrote:just let me make some thick cloth/wool gloves that apply a penalty to whatever (or hell, has to be held in hand) and lets me avoid quill/crab/etc damage

Poor Man's Gloves--They're not highly effective, but you will see a decrease in damage chances and amount.

i'm aware of poor man's, i'm saying a "100% i won't take damage" precautionary measure. or hell, make it as a benefit of the hunter credo or something

this needs to stop Image
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby allahthevenerable » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:42 pm

allahthevenerable

Postby VDZ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:06 pm

allahthevenerable wrote:Image

That guy is absolutely dead.
VDZ

Postby banok » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:55 pm

Yeah I wanna +1 that I don't think crabs could possibly worth the pain even with gloves and meds in the current implementation. new glove type or nerf pls
banok

Postby ZantetsukenX » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:53 am

Crabs suck, I haven't picked up more than one since world start. I too would like something to be done about crab caress.
ZantetsukenX

Postby ZantetsukenX » Fri May 07, 2021 5:37 am

Reviving this topic a bit because after discussing in discord with some people we think a good alternative to having you get crab caressed through the gloves. Instead of it just being a lowered chance of it happening while wearing gloves, instead make it a low chance to break the gloves entirely. But as an offset, you can't get crab caressed while wearing them. Essentially it would add in a material sink, deal with the annoyance of the wound, still punish you if you are lazy and want to pick up the crabs anyways, and make it so people who want/need to farm them will have to make multiple pairs of gloves to bring with them, in their hunt for crab roe.
ZantetsukenX

Postby Barbamaus » Fri May 07, 2021 1:45 pm

ZantetsukenX wrote:Reviving this topic a bit because after discussing in discord with some people we think a good alternative to having you get crab caressed through the gloves. Instead of it just being a lowered chance of it happening while wearing gloves, instead make it a low chance to break the gloves entirely. But as an offset, you can't get crab caressed while wearing them. Essentially it would add in a material sink, deal with the annoyance of the wound, still punish you if you are lazy and want to pick up the crabs anyways, and make it so people who want/need to farm them will have to make multiple pairs of gloves to bring with them, in their hunt for crab roe.

This might work, as a small fix, but considering how cheap gloves are it would just mean people will bring 10 pairs of gloves with them if they want to hunt for crabs.
I still think we should either get a crab spear thingy, or some kind of metal glove to pick them up safely.
MAYBE, a hardened leather glove, although I hate the idea of wasting more hard leather...
Barbamaus

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas