community vs player progression; a call to change

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: community vs player progression; a call to change

Postby maze » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:48 pm

wonder-ass wrote:Lol if u think u need insane stats to beat 99% of the players in this game u might be the 99%.

did say noobs.
It's the randoms the hermits and the smaller towns that normally never risk getting into pvp.
as for CoS we were pvping with far subpar stats; even snail was amazed we were not rolled instantly.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:48 pm

Gonna premise this by saying there's literally no shame in being bad at a video game, in fact I'd say there's a lot of shame in unironically thinking it matters if somebody is bad at a video game... But holy shit is everybody I've ever heard say "you can't beat most people with drastically lower stats" or some variant thereof at somewhere along mount stupid

I was surprised you guys weren't getting dunked on because you were shit, not because you had low stats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr_h_YQ7AHw
7 people on horses against a guy not rawhiding and you're all literally just queuing your moves behind him and clipping on each other or randomly standing around not doing anything. If I were in this video on either side I would be embarrassed. There's basically no point where more than 1 person is hitting him and I actually don't know how that's even possible. Like, this is some shit you would learn in kindergarten but ya'll are failing shapes class.

I spent like an hour trying to find the world 10 clip of Jordan Coles bad cleaving felix during a stream in a 1v1 with high openings and then not even trying to clip/click a kritter/even move, get OPKed to 100 and max cleaved then say something like "well, that's what a massive stat difference looks like". It encapsulates this entire thread so well it's obscene. Yaboi made possibly the worst most obvious mistake you can make, he basically killed himself, and then wasn't even good enough to identify that he had made a mistake and went straight into sucking down industrial quantities of copium.

Look at this fucking retard
https://youtu.be/N0KxXPL1pq4?t=28
Watch the entire segment and pay attention to his stamina/speed. I've watched some of Jordan's streams and ya'll nematodes seem to eat up his MagicMan tier PVP advise so you might not understand how big of a deal this basic movement shit is that people should've learned within a few hours of playing the game, but holy shit. In /real/ fights as soon as somebody starts 3rd speeding on 4th speed terrain the entire group will start screaming "HE'S NOT DRINKING" because he's basically already dead at that point. Like, if people have IP a 3rd speeder is proly gonna go down in actually less than 5 seconds. Yeboi is 3rd speed more than half the time, and he isn't even good enough to know that he should be embarrassed.

Stats will for sure be a deciding factor in an otherwise completely even fight, but I've never seen somebody I couldn't easily beat with half their stats in a 1v1 act like it matters against anybody but the top 1% of players. Open invitation to people like Sabinati, Jordan Coles, Maze, Jock, North Star retards, Meus, etc. These are the worst characters I have access to:
ImageImage

I'm not even that good IMO, but I'm 100% confident I could shit on any of you in a 1v1 consistently with nearly any ruleset. If you guys have characters around double either of these char's stats I'll happily 1v1 you with or without Mrage. I'm PRETTY SURE at least jordan has a char between 800-1.5k stats. I am also PRETTY CONFIDENT that none of you will accept because in spite of it being a completely free kill within the logical framework you're using deep down you know it's just a cope and that ur trash
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby mulamishne » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:56 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:lotsa stuff that's right

Tldr

Shits kinda like in magic, you can put 60k into building storm, but if you don't know how to play storm you're still gonna lose vs random shit teir decks.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:04 pm

TL;DR ya'll are walking bricks murderous rage 1v1 me on a char with double my stats or pussy
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
SnuggleSnail

Postby Pommfritz » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:24 am

Can give Snail a 5 star review here. He clapped me 2 times already with mrage and without, were great duels, one a bit short but always a good learning experience. Can recommend
Pommfritz

Postby pawnchito » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:59 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:TL;DR ya'll are walking bricks murderous rage 1v1 me on a char with double my stats or pussy

Lmao... I mean I don't like your tactics and shit but I'll give you cred thats a pretty blunt challenge. These clips have to be like the worst outtakes you could find. Everyone has lapses.

Can you explain the 3rd speed running on 4th speed terrain in detail for the real smooth brains in the back please?

SnuggleSnail wrote:...

If you guys have characters around double either of these char's stats I'll happily 1v1 you with or without Mrage. I'm PRETTY SURE at least jordan has a char between 800-1.5k stats.

I'd think theres no way thats all the stats they have by this point.
pawnchito

Postby strpk0 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:19 am

pawnchito wrote:Can you explain the 3rd speed running on 4th speed terrain in detail for the real smooth brains in the back please?

There isn't that much to it, 90% of current haven PvP is movement (and not stats, unlike what most people furiously jerk off to believing is the reason why they're walking bricks), both being in range of the person you're trying to down and staying out of range of whatever group of people are (or could start) focus targetting you.
In a real fight against people who aren't braindead, all it takes is a few seconds of you forgetting to drink for everyone to focus you, surround you (or atleast catch up to you), and KO you in a few hits. You just cannot tank more than 1 person at a time without losing a lot of your HP or getting KO'd, hence why drinking properly and always sprinting on sprint terrain is important.

Example video (pay attention to the sombrero guy and how quickly he goes down): https://streamable.com/8iiuyg
Its not really sprint terrain here but he forgot to drink and was running at 2nd speed on 3rd speed terrain, so its basically the same concept.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:31 am

Would be a lot nicer to have some rolling stat caps so people who play 16 hours per day don't have 5k str more than me tho
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby pawnchito » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:46 am

Nightdawg wrote:Would be a lot nicer to have some rolling stat caps so people who play 16 hours per day don't have 5k str more than me tho

He just said he doesnt need stats to roll anyone tho.
pawnchito

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:51 am

Nightdawg wrote:Would be a lot nicer to have some rolling stat caps so people who play 16 hours per day don't have 5k str more than me tho

You have full agi advantage on garen's char, like 50% more HP and if you got some dank gear from the KRs/Casuals you'd have higher AC and a higher max cleave prolly. With current qualities and decent industry you can make a 5k/5k/5k ish stated char in like 4-6 weeks of fairly casual grinding.

During the time I've played there has never been an insane character nobody could realistically fight or reasonably overtake in stats within a month or two. I'm not even making an argument for or against a rolling stat cap, but this shit gets blown way out of proportion all of the time. It's insane.

pawnchito wrote:He just said he doesnt need stats to roll anyone tho.

To dunk on the 99% of the haven population. I rly doubt I could beat Nightdawg in a 1v1 if he had double my stats. Maybe a good chance in a group fight where stats don't nearly as much, but proly not
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas