Steel making is pain in the ass.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Steel making is pain in the ass.

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:57 pm

I was being a little hyperbolic before, but man that's actually so sad
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby WowGain » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:02 am

Mysia wrote: :shock:

wait. i get it now
you literally have nothing else going on in your life- literally nothing of importance or significance to care about or focus on, so your only claim to having anything that makes you feel important or like you're accomplishing things is wasting an inordinate amount of time on inane garbage like having to refill crucibles every 12 hours. if you dont have that to cling onto, what do you have to prove that you're better than other people?

am i hitting anywhere close to the mark? ive got a feeling that i am.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby strpk0 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:27 pm

"this mechanic fucks me in the ass, but i'm used to it therefore it's okay"
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Re: Steel making is le good, achkshually

Postby bumfrog » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:28 pm

bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby jock » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:02 pm

I actually think the bigger issue than the timers is the lack of returns. Like, it's really very little for A LOT of input and time management. So on top of managing timers, you are forced to build and then rebuild multiple crucibles to get a goodish return and maintain quality. I think if the timers stay, we really need bigger crucibles that have larger output and larger storage.

That really is the middle ground here, a bigger crucible that can make much more steel but have a longer timer and capacity for multiple days of fuel. The smaller ones remain for the speedy, min-maxers to get the best efficiency.
jock

Postby Mysia » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:44 pm

WowGain wrote:
Mysia wrote: :shock:

wait. i get it now
you literally have nothing else going on in your life- literally nothing of importance or significance to care about or focus on, so your only claim to having anything that makes you feel important or like you're accomplishing things is wasting an inordinate amount of time on inane garbage like having to refill crucibles every 12 hours. if you dont have that to cling onto, what do you have to prove that you're better than other people?

am i hitting anywhere close to the mark? ive got a feeling that i am.

yea, thats why im playing the game?? if you've got more important shit going on irl why the fuck are u playing this game? handle your responsibilities and you will have the time to do whatever the fuck you want when you grow up

omg im so stressed out in between work and raising my kids and trying to play my video games!
yea well maybe focus on the work and kids and not the fucking video games lmao.
no the game should not be catered for people who really should be doing other shit

why dont you fuk off and queue up your bots and jack ur lil willy or whatever the fuck u do thats so god damn important and rewarding xD
Mysia

Postby Mysia » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:52 pm

jock wrote:I actually think the bigger issue than the timers is the lack of returns. Like, it's really very little for A LOT of input and time management. So on top of managing timers, you are forced to build and then rebuild multiple crucibles to get a goodish return and maintain quality. I think if the timers stay, we really need bigger crucibles that have larger output and larger storage.

That really is the middle ground here, a bigger crucible that can make much more steel but have a longer timer and capacity for multiple days of fuel. The smaller ones remain for the speedy, min-maxers to get the best efficiency.

i like your idea. 6 crucibles just for a b12? then when you get higher q wrought or bricks you should remake all the crucibles and do it again? and the small ones being inefficient but faster would satisfy all the casuals and noobs. on nevermind i just re-read your post and the big ones would be lasting longer. hmm, but more resources to build so it would be harder to rebuild so again it would be mostly for mass production not quality
Mysia

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:57 pm

TFW I don't actively enjoy doing fake video game chores in my leisure time so I can't be a responsible adult

"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Mysia » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:49 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:TFW I don't actively enjoy doing fake video game chores in my leisure time so I can't be a responsible adult

so i cheat and use bots to devalue the peoples time that actually play and enjoy the game
but im justified because theyre just losers for actually playing the game
the game just sucks and if it was better
then maybe i would
actually...
play

why are you here again?
Mysia

Postby Myiasma » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:15 am

Mysia wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:TFW I don't actively enjoy doing fake video game chores in my leisure time so I can't be a responsible adult

so i cheat and use bots to devalue the peoples time that actually play and enjoy the game
but im justified because theyre just losers for actually playing the game
the game just sucks and if it was better
then maybe i would
actually...
play

why are you here again?

snugs is here to be baited by retards like you, good job, you got him with your stupid ideas
Myiasma

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas