Steel making is pain in the ass.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Steel making is pain in the ass.

Postby DonVelD » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:17 pm

Mysia wrote:the game is supposed to be hardcore, and yet its so easy literally grandmas play it. its not hard to use the control system, i think steel need tso be difficult some how. having something locked behind having you to log on every 12 hrs for a 2-3 day period is not absurd at all especially when you could trade for it. it also creates artificial value. I'm not saying it shouldn't be changed but just removing the timer is bad in my opinion

I'd write an answer but this literally sums it all up vvvvv
SnuggleSnail wrote:How is Rclicking a stick onto a crucible difficulty/challenge/adversity/whatever? Either you've people that will be home at the right times making it trivial even if a bit tedious, or you don't and it's literally impossible. I'm a giant no-lifer but even I don't like scheduling my day around making minor gains in a video game.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby WowGain » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:20 am

Mysia wrote:
WowGain wrote:
Mysia wrote:but i mean fuck its not supposed to be easy :x even if the difficulty is artificial bullshit there needs to be something

you're not forced to do anything. steel is not a requirement to play the game :)

shut up retard

i just had the rather unpleasant experience of reading through your post history. it seems... you have never posted anything of substance. These forums are kind of trash and I will definitely put you in the category of absolute shitposters who aren't even funny. I'm sure circle jerking with your little buddies brings you a lot of pleasure, but if you could keep it to whatever furry discord you frequent that would be preferable to these forums.. thx :)

Thanks for letting me dorm in your head for a couple hours retard
Knowing that my haters are always this stupid is a big boost
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby PrivateNomad » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:28 am

Mysia wrote:
WowGain wrote:
Mysia wrote:but i mean fuck its not supposed to be easy :x even if the difficulty is artificial bullshit there needs to be something

you're not forced to do anything. steel is not a requirement to play the game :)

shut up retard

i just had the rather unpleasant experience of reading through your post history. it seems... you have never posted anything of substance. These forums are kind of trash and I will definitely put you in the category of absolute shitposters who aren't even funny. I'm sure circle jerking with your little buddies brings you a lot of pleasure, but if you could keep it to whatever furry discord you frequent that would be preferable to these forums.. thx :)

shut up retard lol
PrivateNomad

Postby CorwinOfAmber » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:31 am

Mysia wrote:
WowGain wrote:

shut up retard

shut up retard
Loftar wrote:
Right, I realized that the other day but apparently forgot it as quickly again. Thanks!

Uephorias wrote:
And the game isn't dead, just on life support indefinitely
CorwinOfAmber

Postby Myiasma » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:03 am

Mysia wrote:the game is supposed to be hardcore, and yet its so easy literally grandmas play it. its not hard to use the control system, i think steel need tso be difficult some how. having something locked behind having you to log on every 12 hrs for a 2-3 day period is not absurd at all especially when you could trade for it. it also creates artificial value. I'm not saying it shouldn't be changed but just removing the timer is bad in my opinion

You think steel making or logging in once for a few seconds every 12 hours is hardcore, and that this creates value somehow? I don't condone suicide, but in your case maybe a live-action retrospective auto-mercy killing would be in your best interest. To be clear, you are a goddamn idiot who has never played this game before ever. I hate you for breathing. I want you to die.

Shut up retard
Myiasma

Postby Mysia » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:58 am

DonVelD wrote:

I'd write an answer but this literally sums it all up vvvvv
SnuggleSnail wrote:How is Rclicking a stick onto a crucible difficulty/challenge/adversity/whatever? Either you've people that will be home at the right times making it trivial even if a bit tedious, or you don't and it's literally impossible. I'm a giant no-lifer but even I don't like scheduling my day around making minor gains in a video game.

thread name "steel making is a pain in the ass"
snail worded his statement to avoid the obvious point that clicking a stick onto a crucible is not the challenging part, but the scheduling. steel should not be easy. Your solution does not make it challenging it all, takes literally all of the difficultly away because its "too hard" "too much of a pain in the ass"
if you dont feel like scheduling your day around making minor gains then don't. its a fucking video game, lmao. you nerds want to be tryhards but you also don't want to put the effort forward? how about everything is just given to you... smh kids these days
Mysia

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:23 am

I'm sorry for letting the team down. You guys were right to not engage with him earnestly.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DonVelD » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:13 am

Mysia wrote:thread name "steel making is a pain in the ass"
snail worded his statement to avoid the obvious point that clicking a stick onto a crucible is not the challenging part, but the scheduling. steel should not be easy. Your solution does not make it challenging it all, takes literally all of the difficultly away because its "too hard" "too much of a pain in the ass"
if you dont feel like scheduling your day around making minor gains then don't. its a fucking video game, lmao. you nerds want to be tryhards but you also don't want to put the effort forward? how about everything is just given to you... smh kids these days

lmao shut up fucking retard
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:13 am

Mysia wrote:if you dont feel like scheduling your day around making minor gains then don't. its a fucking video game, lmao.

Steel is not a "minor gain", and some of us work and, check this out, *sleep* too.

Please read the following message, which I believe fits as the perfect reply to your argument:
Nightdawg wrote:- Not having time to log on a video game because you have a real life and you work is not the same thing as "lacking the skill" to achieve steel.
- Having to wake up in the middle of the night to click your mouse 6 times in a video game is not "requiring high-level of skill" to achieve something in a video game.
- Having a video game forcefully decide your daily schedule isn't a thing that attracts more players to said video game. It is a video game after all, not a job or even second life as some of the local autists religiously live up to.
- Forcing people to team up with players from other time zones and saying it's a valid argument against my first 3 arguments isn't valid. I should decide who MY friends are, based on MY OWN expectations from other people, and the time zone should not be a mandatory factor.

Inb4 loftar tells you to set up a bot to do it, or play in a 40-man village that will always have someone available to handle the pointless tedium. This is tedium. Setting an alarm on my phone is not "skill". Handling tedium is not "skill".

The best way to fix this would be to just make fuel run out after 24 hours. Many games use time as a price to achieve some things. Adding extra pointless tedium to it like forcing players to relog every 7.5 hours is just stupid tbh...
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:27 am

Nightdawg wrote:
Mysia wrote:if you dont feel like scheduling your day around making minor gains then don't. its a fucking video game, lmao.

Steel is not a "minor gain", and some of us work and, check this out, *sleep* too.

Please read the following message, which I believe fits as the perfect reply to your argument:
Nightdawg wrote:- Not having time to log on a video game because you have a real life and you work is not the same thing as "lacking the skill" to achieve steel.
- Having to wake up in the middle of the night to click your mouse 6 times in a video game is not "requiring high-level of skill" to achieve something in a video game.
- Having a video game forcefully decide your daily schedule isn't a thing that attracts more players to said video game. It is a video game after all, not a job or even second life as some of the local autists religiously live up to.
- Forcing people to team up with players from other time zones and saying it's a valid argument against my first 3 arguments isn't valid. I should decide who MY friends are, based on MY OWN expectations from other people, and the time zone should not be a mandatory factor.

Inb4 loftar tells you to set up a bot to do it, or play in a 40-man village that will always have someone available to handle the pointless tedium. This is tedium. Setting an alarm on my phone is not "skill". Handling tedium is not "skill".

The best way to fix this would be to just make fuel run out after 24 hours. Many games use time as a price to achieve some things. Adding extra pointless tedium to it like forcing players to relog every 7.5 hours is just stupid tbh...

That's so true, agree with everything
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas