Make PVP opt-in only

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Make PVP opt-in only

Postby vosmihui » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:39 pm

telum12 wrote:
vosmihui wrote:Yes, you can just make a PvE server, on which palisade and klaym dry for a month in real time, and traspassing is always on.

wait so the solution is allowing bashing of every pali within a month?

Man, you can make this shit up

No, dude, in PvE server, the rage skill won't work, you won't even be able to dig a carrot on someone else's claim.
vosmihui

Postby telum12 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:10 pm

vosmihui wrote:
telum12 wrote:
vosmihui wrote:Yes, you can just make a PvE server, on which palisade and klaym dry for a month in real time, and traspassing is always on.

wait so the solution is allowing bashing of every pali within a month?

Man, you can make this shit up

No, dude, in PvE server, the rage skill won't work, you won't even be able to dig a carrot on someone else's claim.

How does that prevent me from surrounding your village/claim with other claims? If I can’t bash anything you can’t either…

Also if you can’t bash why change drying time?
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Seriouskai » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:05 pm

telum12 wrote:How does that prevent me from surrounding your village/claim with other claims? If I can’t bash anything you can’t either…

See that's why I suggested a compromise between the two, that you didn't read :(

Challenge the area, stay starts PVP, leave well... leaves and lives. Challenge claim area, bash the claim, challenge area over alts, kill alts. All you're doing is trying to shoot everyone down here.
Seriouskai

Postby Vraatjuh » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:32 pm

telum12 wrote:
How does that prevent me from surrounding your village/claim with other claims? If I can’t bash anything you can’t either…

Just make it so that you can't make p-claims too close to each other, except when in a village.

For real, we could make this work one way or another. The question is of Jorbtar really wants this.
Worst case you intervene once/twice and ban the people who completely abuse the system.

Not sure if that would be a real solution, but at least let us try some new stuff. It's clear that the current system is not 'working' for a big chunk of the playerbase.
Vraatjuh

Postby Pommfritz » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:58 pm

nope
Pommfritz

Postby telum12 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:17 am

Vraatjuh wrote:
telum12 wrote:

Just make it so that you can't make p-claims too close to each other, except when in a village.

For real, we could make this work one way or another. The question is of Jorbtar really wants this.
Worst case you intervene once/twice and ban the people who completely abuse the system.

Not sure if that would be a real solution, but at least let us try some new stuff. It's clear that the current system is not 'working' for a big chunk of the playerbase.

You ban someone and they create a new account. What now?

The whole point is that they DONT WANT TO MODERATE SO YOU CAN BE A CAREBEAR. It's absurd that you continue coming back to this point again and again.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:55 am

telum12 wrote:The whole point is that they DONT WANT TO MODERATE

I think it's a bit dishonest to simply say they don't want to moderate. I think jorb has stated clearly the reasons they choose not to.

And I quite agree: there's no point in beating a dead horse.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby wolf1000wolf » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:30 am

MagicManICT wrote:
telum12 wrote:The whole point is that they DONT WANT TO MODERATE

I think it's a bit dishonest to simply say they don't want to moderate. I think jorb has stated clearly the reasons they choose not to.

And I quite agree: there's no point in beating a dead horse.

Isn't choosing not to a want? :?:
wolf1000wolf

Postby Vraatjuh » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:19 am

telum12 wrote:
You ban someone and they create a new account. What now?

You make sure that the way they abused the system gets fixed? Like every normal game does.

telum12 wrote:
The whole point is that they DONT WANT TO MODERATE SO YOU CAN BE A CAREBEAR. It's absurd that you continue coming back to this point again and again.

They indeed want to moderate as little as possible, but have also shown in the past that they will intervene when neccessary. And yes, changing one of the core mechanics will take some more moderation and fixing than usual. Who would've thought? But they also mentioned in the last stream that they are open for ideas, so maybe they are also willing to moderate a bit more strictly in the first world to change the heaviest abused systems. That's kind of what we are argueing about here; "is there a way to make a more PvP friendly world work?".

The argument: "We will abuse the system and they don't want to moderate, so they shouldn't change the system" is obviously ridiculous.
Vraatjuh

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:36 am

They barely fix anything u expect them to fix every edge case pve grief there is? Literal tripple A companies struggle to do this.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas