Signatures on Notes

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Signatures on Notes

Postby Ferinex » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:26 am

Allow us to apply a character or account specific signature to parchments we've written, in order to verify their authenticity. This is akin to cryptographically signing a note
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Re: Signatures on Notes

Postby Ferinex » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:24 am

A simple 'workaround' to get the same effect, would be to allow for line breaks on parchment + copy support when reading them, so we can easily past cryptographically signed messages in
Ferinex

Postby VDZ » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:17 am

Ferinex wrote:A simple 'workaround' to get the same effect, would be to allow for line breaks on parchment + copy support when reading them, so we can easily past cryptographically signed messages in

Messages need line breaks and a better input text box, I agree, but what the hell is that about pasting cryptographically signed messages? I'm generally not too anal about immersion breaking, but I definitely don't want to see 'BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE' anywhere in iron age not-Scandinavia.
VDZ

Postby Seriouskai » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:55 am

VDZ wrote:
Ferinex wrote:A simple 'workaround' to get the same effect, would be to allow for line breaks on parchment + copy support when reading them, so we can easily past cryptographically signed messages in

Messages need line breaks and a better input text box, I agree, but what the hell is that about pasting cryptographically signed messages? I'm generally not too anal about immersion breaking, but I definitely don't want to see 'BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE' anywhere in iron age not-Scandinavia.

I'm thinking more something akin to a wax stamp as signature, as they used to do in the olden days. Could make for some fun intrigue if some bad boy gets ahold of the stamp too >_>
Seriouskai

Postby mvgulik » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:26 am

VDZ wrote:I definitely don't want to see 'BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE' anywhere in iron age not-Scandinavia.

lol. That'll be the day.

mvgulik

Postby shubla » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:06 am

Some hearth magic to notarize notes would be cool.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby vatas » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:27 am

Complication, AFAIK there is no restriction to name yourself identical to some other player?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby meus » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:54 am

If you want to prove your *account* sent or wrote that note - just do it in the forum. Village topic or PM.
meus

Postby shubla » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:01 pm

vatas wrote:Complication, AFAIK there is no restriction to name yourself identical to some other player?

You could obviously somehow display the signature author in your kin list.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Ferinex » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:06 pm

vatas wrote:Complication, AFAIK there is no restriction to name yourself identical to some other player?

sure, but it's trivial on the back end when generating such signatures to identify characters uniquely, and give them therefore unique signatures.

the game does already have a wax seal curiosity, simply it is non-functional. that might be a good middle ground
Ferinex

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas