Siege - let's be honest

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Siege - let's be honest

Postby MightySheep » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:28 am

I used to argue in favor of adding siege properly but its obviously dumb to add something that 90% of the playerbase doesnt want and will cry endlessly about

Siege has changed so many times I ll be honest I cant even remember how it currently works so +1 to this , pointless having some convoluted mechanic where the only victims are new or inactive players players
MightySheep

Postby DonVelD » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:29 am

noindyfikator wrote:Spruces in most cases don't even know what archery tower is. There we talk about 95% of haven players, casual farmers. They can't, don't know how to defend. Just let them play their own style. Please don't change topic.

Lmao does, like, any game reward you for being completely unexperienced? You've got too much expectations from a game that is supposed to be rough. There should be a tutorial, nothing more. Also sprucecaps and hermits aren't people, its been discussed before.

PS. I recommend you to try sieging (a competent person) first to check if its hard for the attacker or not.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:34 am

DonVelD wrote:
noindyfikator wrote:Spruces in most cases don't even know what archery tower is. There we talk about 95% of haven players, casual farmers. They can't, don't know how to defend. Just let them play their own style. Please don't change topic.

Lmao does, like, any game reward you for being completely unexperienced? You've got too much expectations from a game that is supposed to be rough. There should be a tutorial, nothing more. Also sprucecaps and hermits aren't people, its been discussed before.

PS. I recommend you to try sieging (a competent person) first to check if its hard for the attacker or not.

Dude again, this topic is not about competent persons, kingdoms etc. Just stop

This topic is about spruces, hermits, casual players who play 2-3 times a week, so - I bet more than 95% of haven players.
Advanced players won't lose anything besides opportunity to raid weak, unexperienced players. Nothing to lose there. It's not healthy for the game.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby DonVelD » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:46 am

noindyfikator wrote:Dude again, this topic is not about competent persons, kingdoms etc. Just stop

This topic is about spruces, hermits, casual players who play 2-3 times a week, so - I bet more than 95% of haven players.
Advanced players won't lose anything besides opportunity to raid weak, unexperienced players. Nothing to lose there. It's not healthy for the game.

Even if it seems off-topic to you my point is pretty reasonable. The game shouldn't try to fit in to players that refuse to learn. Saying that [percentage higher than 90] of players don't know siege is unrealistic. Most of the times I've vibechecked hermits with a ram they realized that they need to build an archery tower, and, frankly, most of the times its enough for the attacker to say "fuck it, I don't care that much" - if someone didn't do something utterly retarded that is. What is your experience? Do you have a study on the sprucecap sieges that could prove me wrong?

This thread is like cutting your finger and deciding to amputate the whole arm. There is no problem if you don't have any fingers, right? ... right?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DonVelD

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:03 am

DonVelD wrote:
noindyfikator wrote:Dude again, this topic is not about competent persons, kingdoms etc. Just stop

Even if it seems off-topic to you my point is pretty reasonable. The game shouldn't try to fit in to players that refuse to learn. Saying that [percentage higher than 90] of players don't know siege is unrealistic. Most of the times I've vibechecked hermits with a ram they realized that they need to build an archery tower, and, frankly, most of the times its enough for the attacker to say "fuck it, I don't care that much" - if someone didn't do something utterly retarded that is. What is your experience? Do you have a study on the sprucecap sieges that could prove me wrong?

This thread is like cutting your finger and deciding to amputate the whole arm. There is no problem if you don't have any fingers, right? ... right?

Have you tried to put wrecking ball on Sunday at 11 pm when they don't play because they go to work the next day? They login again on Monday evening and bum, there is a hole in palisade.
If they were building archery towers, this means they weren't as spruce as you thing. The most of players are.
W11 - The Friend Zone
W13 - Monke
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby DonVelD » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:15 am

noindyfikator wrote:Have you tried to put wrecking ball on Sunday at 11 pm when they don't play because they go to work the next day? They login again on Monday evening and bum, there is a hole in palisade.

Okay, so what then? Siege should be completely wiped off the game because of an edge case like this? This is why people should have more than one layer of palisades and/or live with other people in the village.
noindyfikator wrote:If they were building archery towers, this means they weren't as spruce as you thing. The most of players are.

XD You're fucking oblivious if you didn't notice a shitton of palisaded bases literally everywhere. If they can achieve that then its entirely possible to slap on an archery tower or two. Either that or you're trying to cherrypick the WORST players just to prove your weak-ass point.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DonVelD

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:21 am

DonVelD wrote:
noindyfikator wrote:Have you tried to put wrecking ball on Sunday at 11 pm when they don't play because they go to work the next day? They login again on Monday evening and bum, there is a hole in palisade.

Okay, so what then? Siege should be completely wiped off the game because of an edge case like this? This is why people should have more than one layer of palisades and/or live with other people in the village.
noindyfikator wrote:If they were building archery towers, this means they weren't as spruce as you thing. The most of players are.

XD You're fucking oblivious if you didn't notice a shitton of palisaded bases literally everywhere. If they can achieve that then its entirely possible to slap on an archery tower or two. Either that or you're trying to cherrypick the WORST players just to prove your weak-ass point.

I don't know of a single situation where siege mechanism gave players fun, encourage them to playing, increase player population etc.
I know of many situations when siege mechanism was the key point when people quit the game.

Having mechanism which makes people quit the game is ridiculous.

Anyway, it's a big spam now, let's wait for others people opinion
W11 - The Friend Zone
W13 - Monke
noindyfikator

Postby DonVelD » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:23 am

noindyfikator wrote:I don't don't know of a single situation where siege mechanism gave players fun, encourage them to playing, increase player population etc.
I know of many situations when siege mechanism was the key point when people quit the game.

Having mechanism which makes people quit the game is ridiculous.

Have you ever thought of a situation where you're unable to siege a base that is here only to grief you? Or multiple, even? Oh boy that sounds so fun.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DonVelD

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:29 am

DonVelD wrote:PS. I recommend you to try sieging (a competent person) first to check if its hard for the attacker or not.

DonVelD wrote:Have you ever thought of a situation where you're unable to siege a base that is here only to grief you? Or multiple, even? Oh boy that sounds so fun.

Didn't you wrote it's impossible right now anyway because of how easy it is to defend? I will still remind you this topic is about casual players.
W11 - The Friend Zone
W13 - Monke
noindyfikator

Postby DonVelD » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:32 am

noindyfikator wrote:
DonVelD wrote:PS. I recommend you to try sieging (a competent person) first to check if its hard for the attacker or not.

DonVelD wrote:Have you ever thought of a situation where you're unable to siege a base that is here only to grief you? Or multiple, even? Oh boy that sounds so fun.

Didn't you wrote it's impossible right now anyway because of how easy it is to defend? I will still remind you this topic is about casual players.

Hard =/= impossible. It's cancer but it's also fair right now. You should stop with the "this is about casual players" bullshit btw, the thing you want to change will influence everyone so I have the right to mention anything lmfao.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DonVelD

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas