Combat moves - let's be honest

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Combat moves - let's be honest

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:06 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:remove pvp

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby joojoo1975 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:08 am

Sevenless wrote:

I have a theory on how it works: You aren't supposed to get everything alone. Combat instructions paved the way for the co-dependance even though I'm not sure which came first.

So the optimal strat is to have multiple hunters all sharing moves with each other to complete decks. Usually you need 3-4 people doing it to finish decks in a decent time frame (functional decks in <1 week, complete decks in <2 weeks? but it's been a while so I'm fuzzy on that).

If this was a MMO, Then i would agree. (i'm highlighting the massive part)
If this game only allowed/geared to players having AT MOST 5 characters, then i would agree

But it's current state. I too wish for a turn Back to legacy combat system
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:15 am

joojoo1975 wrote:If this game only allowed/geared to players having AT MOST 5 characters, then i would agree

elaborate
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby joojoo1975 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:24 am

How many characters do you own totally?

let me edit it better

With the current state of the game(LP curio system and the advancement of Bots)

One could have a ton of chars and thus the Sting of "perma Death" was lost so long ago

Personally when the Curio Hype was at its max. (i would say World 5, give or take 1 or 2) I had an Alt for Every skill

one for mining, one for carpentry, one for sowing, one for smithing, etc etc etc and my "main was my foraging Unarmed guy, who would occasionally take one of the alts with him when he went out and about.

I will say the game play was very "micro managey" and kinda grindy, But doable. And i did Not use Bots
Last edited by joojoo1975 on Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
joojoo1975

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:27 am

1 main and 93 salt alts that got logged into for maybe 5 minutes each all world. Maybe a few siege siege scouts?
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
SnuggleSnail

Postby joojoo1975 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:31 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:1 main and 93 salt alts that got logged into for maybe 5 minutes each all world. Maybe a few siege siege scouts?

so over a hundred.

Just wow. But then again not too suprising
joojoo1975

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:53 am

OK so you think death won't be punishing enough if people don't need to grind combat moves per character because they're cycling between characters that are simultaneously fed/studying?

Respectfully, nobody competent does that. I don't know a single fighter who has more than one character for combat.
SnuggleSnail

Postby pawnchito » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:55 am

joojoo1975 wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:1 main and 93 salt alts that got logged into for maybe 5 minutes each all world. Maybe a few siege siege scouts?

so over a hundred.

Just wow. But then again not too suprising

You play no role in the development of that main? I can hardly believe that. Honestly curious to the inner workings of a behemoth.

At any rate making and having multiple empty vessels is literally no more cost than logging in and it can give some pretty solid rewards so why not make them. Like others have said not all your alts will need combat moves and the ones that do get them fairly straight away with combat instructions. This is a non issue tbh.
pawnchito

Postby dagrimreefah » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:05 am

Zentetsuken wrote:remove pvp

remove hit points
dagrimreefah

Postby joojoo1975 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:52 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:OK so you think death won't be punishing enough if people don't need to grind combat moves per character because they're cycling between characters that are simultaneously fed/studying?

Respectfully, nobody competent does that. I don't know a single fighter who has more than one character for combat.

Never once said I was competent. But in all respects I do know of many a player who had reserves.

they all start out as foraging bots and then are then put in a basket, constantly being fed curios

I also know of the hijinks of throw away alts with "ok" combat skills just for the LOLZ

The Haven and Hearth of the yesteryear is gone. Death does not have its sting like it used to. And that changed with the advancement of the Curio system.

I'm just saying that, you can have multiple Alts in early game and swarm boars and whatnot. They have done that method all the way up to Trolls. And because of Alt Abuse. this game is Not a MMO(massive part). And this game allows/geared to players having Way more than just 5 characters

pawnchito wrote:You play no role in the development of that main? I can hardly believe that. Honestly curious to the inner workings of a behemoth.

At any rate making and having multiple empty vessels is literally no more cost than logging in and it can give some pretty solid rewards so why not make them. Like others have said not all your alts will need combat moves and the ones that do get them fairly straight away with combat instructions. This is a non issue tbh.

I do not understand your first part, my main was just that, my main, he did the foraging and all the diplomacy. But at that time, I wanted to see how Easy it was(like most of my comrades telling me) to have more than just 2 characters. So as I said i went All out

But by your own admission you have no problem with "lots of alts"? In that case, you then point to my first point about this game not being a MMO(mainly the massive part) It may be not an issue to you, but not all of us like the direction H&H has went since the Curio system which birthed a whole set of new "grumbles"

But I feel like I am getting off the tracks now. I apologize :)
joojoo1975

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas