Unobtrusive, low effort changes 4 early world

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Unobtrusive, low effort changes 4 early world

Postby William_Considerson » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:02 pm

jorb wrote:Will consider(tm).

+1
William_Considerson

Postby Flameturtle » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:17 pm

Pickard wrote:
Fostik wrote:Well then perhaps they should cost 1 bar of any metal, just like lvl 2 minehole costs, to not entirely remove gameplay of searching ores in caves.
Still 10 hardened leather is absurd cost.

Askign for metal for lvl1 minehole will confuse new players. I think regular 50 leather cost but without wax is good enough.

I also agree with other snails suggestions.

I agree with everything suggested, I immediately thought that a metal bar would be a perfect compromise from my own perspective but do slightly worry about this seeming a bit counter-intuitive to new players. Keeping the leather cost without the wax or perhaps lowered hardened leather requirement, say 2 or 4 or so, so thats its still an effort without it taking forever to make the wax might be a good alternative.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby Vesena » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:59 pm

I think there's a wider problem that many structures you want to get up ASAP need a ton of [object that's time consuming to acquire but has no skill or risk involved and quality doesn't matter], like 40 bones for a Study Desk, or 7 kilns worth of tar for a Dock. I'm not really sure what would be the solution though. Maybe give more structures clear tiers like houses? I.E. "Babby's First Dock" with a very low resource cost but can only store 1 Snekkja and reducing the cost of the current Dock in exchange for requiring Gnome's Cap wood (the lore being because it naturally grows in damp conditions it's more resistant to sea water or something).
Vesena

Postby Mysia » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:21 am

maybe we can have a coup and overthrow jorb and make this a full fledge democracy. loftar i think can be controlled
Mysia

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas