Unobtrusive, low effort changes 4 early world

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Unobtrusive, low effort changes 4 early world

Postby MrBunzy » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:16 am

+1 to everything except removing travel weariness on roads.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby Fostik » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:44 am

I agree with labor food, making alts or more likely ruining main hunger is the biggest trap in the game for hermits and newbies.

Also speaking on minehole, a will to build it on base first would cost you progress comparing to village with same capabilities which uses cave to enter level 1, by the end of the day this village will enter level 3 mine and found q100 hematite with q100 coal, while you will suck with your q60 cassiterite on level 2 collecting another 20 wax, this should not be so decisive for development.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Vraatjuh » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:01 am

Agreed on most except on TW and mineholes.

Part of the 'fun' for smaller groups/hermits is finding ore at the start. If you can just build mineholes for cheap on prospected ground, that makes getting ore too easy early on. Running around caves and hoping to find some precious ore is part of the early adventure for me at least. I do wish they would make cave-ins on higher levels a lot less damaging though.
Vraatjuh

Postby Fostik » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:09 am

Vraatjuh wrote:Part of the 'fun' for smaller groups/hermits is finding ore at the start. If you can just build mineholes for cheap on prospected ground, that makes getting ore too easy early on. Running around caves and hoping to find some precious ore is part of the early adventure for me at least. I do wish they would make cave-ins on higher levels a lot less damaging though.

Well then perhaps they should cost 1 bar of any metal, just like lvl 2 minehole costs, to not entirely remove gameplay of searching ores in caves.
Still 10 hardened leather is absurd cost.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:12 am

Fostik wrote:Well then perhaps they should cost 1 bar of any metal, just like lvl 2 minehole costs, to not entirely remove gameplay of searching ores in caves.

That's a really good idea, IMO.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Vraatjuh » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:17 pm

Fostik wrote:
Vraatjuh wrote:Part of the 'fun' for smaller groups/hermits is finding ore at the start. If you can just build mineholes for cheap on prospected ground, that makes getting ore too easy early on. Running around caves and hoping to find some precious ore is part of the early adventure for me at least. I do wish they would make cave-ins on higher levels a lot less damaging though.

Well then perhaps they should cost 1 bar of any metal, just like lvl 2 minehole costs, to not entirely remove gameplay of searching ores in caves.

I agree that the amount could be lowered without affecting above.
Vraatjuh

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:55 pm

Signed.
DDDsDD999

Postby vatas » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:09 pm

Fostik wrote:Well then perhaps they should cost 1 bar of any metal, just like lvl 2 minehole costs, to not entirely remove gameplay of searching ores in caves.

+1
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby WowGain » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:53 pm

Fostik wrote:

+1
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Zampfeo » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:33 pm

I personally love nothing more than picking 100 candleberries, but I understand these changes would be for the greater good. +1
Zampfeo

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas