unique/ ultra rare items

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

unique/ ultra rare items

Postby MightySheep » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:25 am

imagine ur crafting a b12
and u get the 0.1% chance roll
and it becomes Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
or you kill a bat dungeon boss and get some 1% drop rate unique ring

this type of stuff gives you an end game grind and makes the mundane more fun

or to steal an idea entirely from wurm, ur digging and u randomly dig up an artifact that only 1 exists in the world that can spawn gems every 24h etc
MightySheep

Re: unique/ ultra rare items

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:29 am

Are you trying to add MMO loot mechanics?

Could be interesting but if you add rare weapons big villages are going to mass produce normal weapons to get them and then use them to kill everyone else.

I am more in line with rare resources which are like the normal ones but with extremely high quality.

Like a rare chance while burning Wrought to get really high Q steel, or rare chance to get high Q hide from killing something. It would need to be WAY rarer than 1% that is way too common.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:12 pm

give me osrs pets in haven for mundane tasks.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Dimlight » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:14 pm

I am down for some form of ultra-rare droptables for dungeon bosses and resources, you could probably tie the rare drop behind the quality of the boss itself, so like a q150-200 ant queen gives the ant queen rare drop or something, like make a vairent of the wings for the ant queen that is actually good, or an accessory for each of the dungeon bosses themed around them. Make like rare variants of ore while mining that could hit 50% more quality, like your mining q40 iron ochre and find a special varient that is q60-80 in like a 1 in 100 ore chance.

Maybe make your own version of the Runescape Pet system with Hats or another form of cosmetic reward that is 1/100 drop from a dungeon boss or a 1/10,000 drop from normal overworld mobs, maybe make new cosmetic capes similar to store hats themed around each animal/enemy? A lategame achievement system could be implemented for big achievements, like be a member of the village that reached floor 10 mine first, or harvest your 1,000,000th crop, or cleared your 1,000th dungeon, and possibly have a visual achievement like a hat/cape to show off your accomplishments.
Dimlight

Return to Critique & Ideas