remove mining out boulders

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

remove mining out boulders

Postby Massa » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:41 pm

since you're listening

or make it toggleable
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Re: remove mining out boulders

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:44 pm

The devs have made it very clear industry is not supposed to be directly interacted with manually, and unless your API is very bad chipping boulders should only be a few lines. This would be counter-productive to the dev's vision.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Aceb » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:07 pm

jorbtar wrote:Added boulders to everything, infinite boulder-capacity... or at least one per hearthling hands
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby pawnchito » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:39 pm

Bro we have whined about this for ages I had a thread I was necroing for a while but they don't care.

Make Boulder chance a toggle once you finish miner already!!!
pawnchito

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:18 pm

pawnchito wrote:Make Boulder chance a toggle once you finish miner already!!!

This is bargaining. Compromises between diametrically opposed ideals are dumb. If the game is going to make it so only the one group who bots spiraling the best can have relevant industry, why do anything to improve things for the other 98%? You're just trying to turn shit into shit+, which is still shit.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
SnuggleSnail

Postby Fierce_Deity » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:17 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:

This is bargaining. Compromises between diametrically opposed ideals are dumb. If the game is going to make it so only the one group who bots spiraling the best can have relevant industry, why do anything to improve things for the other 98%? You're just trying to turn shit into shit+, which is still shit.

Miner isn't particularly hard to obtain, and it makes some sense that upon reaching such a 'skill level' you could control your mining to such a degree that removing boulders becomes optional. Your 98% number is wack, most people who are going to bother with mining are going to get that credo.
Fierce_Deity

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:00 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:

Wait, how do boulders affect botters? This was not something i was aware of (probably because i am not a botter)
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:29 am

Boulders are minor content for script writers. Sure, they're a huge annoyance to regular miners, but the reintroduction of spiraling is undeniable evidence the intention of the game is to only support the most serious botlords. If the game is meant only for botlords, then it would be dumb for the game to remove botlord content for the sake of non-botlords.
SnuggleSnail

Postby pawnchito » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:41 am

Fierce_Deity wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:

Miner isn't particularly hard to obtain, and it makes some sense that upon reaching such a 'skill level' you could control your mining to such a degree that removing boulders becomes optional. Your 98% number is wack, most people who are going to bother with mining are going to get that credo.

I misspoke, its quarryman. Boulders spawning was a mechanic introduced to "grief" botters and to make quarryman easier to complete since you often get quests for chipping boulder of so and so. Like snail said, it was a small content patch for botters and a GIANT pain in the dick for anyone that mines large shit.

Its not about skill though. After a brief period as a miner that shit goes from neat to omfg maybe I will learn to program so I dont have to deal with this nonsense.
pawnchito

Postby vatas » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:15 am

I'm still not over with how devs thought botting cheese was a problem, so they made it so you need a bot to replace all your cheese racks every so often.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas