Silver/Gold Sub Tokens

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Silver/Gold Sub Tokens

Postby TwentyThree » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:02 pm

This one's always a really hard discussion. You see it more prevalent in high population games, e.g. WoW, but its almost non-existant for smaller games. While I don't, personally, agree with RMT objects ingame, like the token, I know how frustratingly stupid it is to see people spending money on your game that you don't see a penny of.

From a business perspective, its a no brainer to add and keep tokens, but the slippery slope is always there and ready to keep bringing the game down. It's always "Well we already have tokens *and* a sub, and the games not dead because of it, what's the big deal with adding a starter pack with some tools and clothes?"

It seems like a stretch, but it isnt. We've seen it happen to many other games, and the only way to stop it is to.. not play it. As a consumer, we gotta pick our interests because our time is money to the games we play. The best we can do is warn companies that its going too far, and hope the average player isnt jumping off the cliff with everyone else.
TwentyThree

Postby The_Lich_King » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:18 pm

Sevenless wrote:
xzo wrote:its not tokens that are destroying the trade.
its rather lack of other in game items that are trade-worthy

you are right with saying that there is a problem with lack of the latter but you are most wrong about stating that tokens are destroying the trading, this is the nature of MMO, one will play for 10 hours, someone else will play for one hour and go to work for 2 to pay the first one... this is how it works, deal with it

Both can be true.

That said: Tokens are the only conveniently tradeable item that holds value between worlds. That is an incredible advantage that just trumps anything else. They will always skew trading because of that.

Dev's gotta eat tho, and if tokens are what keeps the game running I can live with it.

I can tolerate tokens as they are now, but adding more types of tokens will only further damage trade.

I understand that devs gotta eat, but one thing i've always thought the devs could do is more cosmetics. People already eat up hats, what if they did cosmetic furnishings or new cosmetic recipes for buildings which only have the effect of re-skinning something. I'm not against payment models being added to the game but Sub-tokens are a particularly bad payment model.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby TwentyThree » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:26 am

The_Lich_King wrote:
Sevenless wrote:
xzo wrote:its not tokens that are destroying the trade.
its rather lack of other in game items that are trade-worthy

you are right with saying that there is a problem with lack of the latter but you are most wrong about stating that tokens are destroying the trading, this is the nature of MMO, one will play for 10 hours, someone else will play for one hour and go to work for 2 to pay the first one... this is how it works, deal with it

Both can be true.

That said: Tokens are the only conveniently tradeable item that holds value between worlds. That is an incredible advantage that just trumps anything else. They will always skew trading because of that.

Dev's gotta eat tho, and if tokens are what keeps the game running I can live with it.

I can tolerate tokens as they are now, but adding more types of tokens will only further damage trade.

I understand that devs gotta eat, but one thing i've always thought the devs could do is more cosmetics. People already eat up hats, what if they did cosmetic furnishings or new cosmetic recipes for buildings which only have the effect of re-skinning something. I'm not against payment models being added to the game but Sub-tokens are a particularly bad payment model.

Fuckin drown me in skins, I'd pay to have some nice lookin textures for armor and tools. Reskins of capes, nettle shirts, stuff like that.
TwentyThree

Postby VDZ » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:09 am

TwentyThree wrote:Fuckin drown me in skins, I'd pay to have some nice lookin textures for armor and tools. Reskins of capes, nettle shirts, stuff like that.

We've already got Sketch Pages. They're somewhat limited in what they can be applied to, though.
VDZ

Postby The_Lich_King » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:57 am

TwentyThree wrote: Fuckin drown me in skins, I'd pay to have some nice lookin textures for armor and tools. Reskins of capes, nettle shirts, stuff like that.

Collecting hats is already fun, i'd collect the fuck out of House skins. I'd love to have a Copenhagen lakehouse skin or something to that effect.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby SavageFox » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:44 am

we don't need gold or silver tokens but I think we should be able to consume more tokens at once to get the higher levels if we want for an instance 2 for silver for 4 gold

the game definitely needs more Cosmetics the hats are great but I would like to have more choices

tokens are definitely necessary but new ones not really
SavageFox

Postby Sephiron » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:40 am

My brothers in christ, if you do not want to pay for sub tokens, then start selling in-game items for sub tokens
Sephiron

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas