Silver/Gold Sub Tokens

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Silver/Gold Sub Tokens

Postby The_Lich_King » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:12 am

pawnchito wrote:people didnt post on forums about trading money for gold in wow yet i made several real life benjamins by trading them. now its even easier with the paypals and venmos and bitcoins. people will absolutely always pay to win if they make enough to be able to afford luxuries. the hardcores pay with time in game, the rich folk pay with work money.

I mean like really real life money transactions are so prevalent they had fucking people in jail earning that keep. Like dude life finds a way or something is all im saying.

Crazy take but this type of game would be perfect for NFTs. Could you imagine, trade some eth for a 500+ anvil.

also, if you were a part of black market you think people would go to the official forums and advertise that? I know if i was selling contraband the first place id let people know about it is the "establishment" website.

Yes you did see them post in forums, yes they did leave evidence behind it was blatantly obvious and in plain sight.

There is no evidence that ever happened in this game. You are positing pure conjecture based on experience from a completely different MMO.

You also had to invent a non-argument to target in order to try and validate your own argument (I.E. this was already a problem so lets make it more of a problem) when in reality this idea is terrible and Sub-tokens damaged a market that had not yet been damaged by ptw. Regardless of whether 1 or 2 people used IRL money, the majority of market affairs prior to sub-tokens were done between in-game items that had no relevance to real money.

Sub-tokens changed that irregardless of any "prove the negative" or "false dichotomy" fallacies you can muster.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby pawnchito » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:31 am

so in this day and age you think money transactions wont happen without tokens? they remove tokens and most trade in game goes back to in game items?

k
pawnchito

Postby The_Lich_King » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:47 am

pawnchito wrote:so in this day and age you think money transactions wont happen without tokens? they remove tokens and most trade in game goes back to in game items?

k

You have nothing to suggest they won't and prior to them existing in this game they didn't happen on any scale large enough to even be recognized.

You are delusional but regardless i don't think we should remove sub-tokens. They've been around for, far too long and it would be too much of a shitfest to get rid of them.

Adding anymore pay to win to the game is literally the most braindead idea i have ever heard, especially adding pay to win as a way to counter other pay to win.

This thread was literally worse than a Shubla post.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby pawnchito » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:06 am

Instead of having a strong argument you just try and insult peeps? Wtf does shubla have to do with this? unironically learn about economics bruh.

adding more pay to win as you say is just devs catching more of the dark market money. ive personally had experiences where the top players in the world will kill themselves for the right price, not tokens but cash money.

i dont real life money trade because of the principle but ive had plenty of chances to, hell half of the "I buy hats" ads are strictly for Money not tokens or other in game items. Saying the average nab is pay to win because they bought some tokens and were able to skip q 100 axe to a 250q axe is retarded. Do you think people trading items are selling their best items for tokens? Have you tried to buy top tier stuff?
pawnchito

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:31 pm

Remove tokens altogether, make them account bound, etc. They did basically completely ruin trading, yes it's pay to win to spend $10 on a token and trade it for high Q tools, how is that fun for anyone? It feels to me like tacky mobile game tier garbage.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby VDZ » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:42 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:Remove tokens altogether, make them account bound, etc. They did basically completely ruin trading, yes it's pay to win to spend $10 on a token and trade it for high Q tools, how is that fun for anyone? It feels to me like tacky mobile game tier garbage.

Restricting token trading would be pointless without also restricting hat trading. And even if you restrict both, people are just going to instead sell the accounts they're bound to.
VDZ

Postby DonVelD » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:47 pm

pawnchito wrote:Instead of having a strong argument you just try and insult peeps? Wtf does shubla have to do with this? unironically learn about economics bruh.

adding more pay to win as you say is just devs catching more of the dark market money. ive personally had experiences where the top players in the world will kill themselves for the right price, not tokens but cash money.

i dont real life money trade because of the principle but ive had plenty of chances to, hell half of the "I buy hats" ads are strictly for Money not tokens or other in game items. Saying the average nab is pay to win because they bought some tokens and were able to skip q 100 axe to a 250q axe is retarded. Do you think people trading items are selling their best items for tokens? Have you tried to buy top tier stuff?

Don't worry about the guy, he's another retard on the forums trying to imply that he knows what's best.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby xzo » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:34 pm

its not tokens that are destroying the trade.
its rather lack of other in game items that are trade-worthy

you are right with saying that there is a problem with lack of the latter but you are most wrong about stating that tokens are destroying the trading, this is the nature of MMO, one will play for 10 hours, someone else will play for one hour and go to work for 2 to pay the first one... this is how it works, deal with it
My mother told me Someday I would buy
Galley with good oars Sail to distant shores
Stand up high in the prow Noble barque I steer
Steady course for the haven Hew many foe-men,
hew many foe-men
xzo

Postby Sevenless » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:23 pm

xzo wrote:its not tokens that are destroying the trade.
its rather lack of other in game items that are trade-worthy

you are right with saying that there is a problem with lack of the latter but you are most wrong about stating that tokens are destroying the trading, this is the nature of MMO, one will play for 10 hours, someone else will play for one hour and go to work for 2 to pay the first one... this is how it works, deal with it

Both can be true.

That said: Tokens are the only conveniently tradeable item that holds value between worlds. That is an incredible advantage that just trumps anything else. They will always skew trading because of that.

Dev's gotta eat tho, and if tokens are what keeps the game running I can live with it.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:02 pm

with spiraling in the game it's very clear it's the dev's intention for RMT to be pretty rampant
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas