grand exchange

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: grand exchange

Postby Zentetsuken » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:05 pm

Fostik wrote:The fact is that player-built markets will only appear between 1 to 2 month of world, missing the most active game period

Well that may be true, but even if one were prebuilt and ready to go, most people wouldn't have the ability to even reach it until 1-2 months unless they fully re-did fast travel to be more like Salem, which I think would not work in Haven.
Zentetsuken

Postby khajios » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:31 pm

I would just like if people who made markets had a way to flag "This is a market" and have anyone able to fast travel there from a thingwall, or something similarly early game accessible.
Maybe add minor protections so that anyone who uses it counts as entering under a visitor gate, stop the owners from attacking them, and let them see who is at the destination so they know they aren't fast traveling into someone trying to kill them.

Would make accessing markets not need someone to check the forum/discord, and would get them going earlier. Most hermits and small groups don't really check, and wouldn't ever manage to travel to said market in the current system.
khajios

Postby sMartins » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:00 pm

I'm aware that a "built in" market would spoil the "freedom" this game has .... well, to me even dungeon are like that and they are already in the game ..... but:

- a well implememted "built in" market would boost a lot the player retention and the purpose of keep people playing ... well, the whole economy would benefit a ton ... it would be at very least very refreshing.

- also everyone would have access without fears ... I mean you don't have to be an autist who knows all the obscure features to take part .... so everybody will join, if well done but that's another story

Think at Eve, without the market would be nothing .... I mean major part of the game, and here would be the same.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby WowGain » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:34 am

Giving people a market that can be accessed during the most active part of the world would be a game changer, and I'd like to see how it would play out.
+1
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby VDZ » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:36 am

Sevenless wrote:I ran a very small market this world for a month, and I think the main costs of the market came down to interacting with people. If there was some way to more fluidly rent out stalls with a proper UI, I think the system would be way less burdensome.

This has for me always been the major reason I've always just had a couple barter stands on a claim of my own, and never took a stall at an established market (or let others use my stands). I don't want to go through a whole bunch of hassle outside the game to do stuff inside the game. If I could just conveniently rent a stall using an in-game UI I'd definitely get a stall at a market to sell my trash.

Another thing that personally annoys me about barter stands currently is that you need to build, place and manage two containers per slot nearby, one for the supply and one for the payment (so if you have four stalls, that's 40 different containers). (Theoretically you can have fewer containers for receiving coin payments (but not other payments, e.g. when buying stuff), but that causes administrative hassle.) Whenever you want to resupply, or take the payment, you need to find the matching container and work with that. It would be nice if we could just work directly with the barter stands for inventory management and/or if they could have their own inventory (though obviously measures would need to be taken to prevent them from just turning into the ultimate container instead of being used for trading).

SnuggleSnail wrote:2) other players not be autistic enough to grief it.

See also: Bone Mother's Market

khajios wrote:I would just like if people who made markets had a way to flag "This is a market" and have anyone able to fast travel there from a thingwall, or something similarly early game accessible.
Maybe add minor protections so that anyone who uses it counts as entering under a visitor gate, stop the owners from attacking them, and let them see who is at the destination so they know they aren't fast traveling into someone trying to kill them.

Would make accessing markets not need someone to check the forum/discord, and would get them going earlier. Most hermits and small groups don't really check, and wouldn't ever manage to travel to said market in the current system.

They re-added Charter Stones last December, and you can now travel to any active Charter Stone from any Thingwall if you know its secret (without having to have visited it before, as was the case in previous worlds). So basically, what you're suggesting has already been implemented except you still need to find out somehow (whether by checking the forum or by word of mouth). Once you know it exists and know the keyword to get there anyone can easily go there.
VDZ

Postby khajios » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:59 am

Good to know! My main goal with that was to have some in game notification of it, but I guess I should reread the last year worth of patch notes. I was aware they got readded but didn't realize you could go there from a thingwall.
khajios

Postby TonyRigatoni » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:40 pm

This is incredible we need a trading hub like this
TonyRigatoni

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas