Prolific Plants

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Prolific Plants

Postby Blueberry » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:17 pm

Lichen: Reindeer Cup, Iceland Moss, and Bear Hair are some examples of edible lichens that could grow in the Hearthlands. Many lichens also have medical properties, and can be used to treat infections.

Mugwort: A plant once used to flavor beers, before people switched to hops. Can be made into a salve for bruises and itching.

Caraway: This crop's seeds are used to spice breads and season vegetable, meat, and fish dishes as well as cheese.

Woodspurge: This cute little plant has round, green flowers that can be studied. Mrs Robb's bonnet is a variant that's grown in decorative gardens. Don't pick any variant without gloves or you'll get a blistering rash.

European Featherfoil aka Water Violet: Another curio, this aquatic plant grows in stagnant bogs. Fish fry frequently hide among them. Germany, Austria, and Switzerland voted it Aquatic Plant of the Year in 2021.

Liquorice: Roots from this crop, that have been used for thousands of years in medicines and treats, are actually toxic. Consuming large quantities will make you sick, although it's hard to eat enough for that to happen. Liquorice root can be eaten raw, or made into sweets, drinks, gum, tobacco flavouring, and more. If you don't have any mint toothpaste to boost CHA, chewing liquorice root will clean your teeth and freshen your breath as well.

Cranberry: A unique crop that must be grown in water. They can be dried like grapes, made into jellied cranberry sauce, baked into pasties, mixed with alcohols, and can add tartness to soups.

Catnip: Domesticated cats aren't the only felines know to love this plant. Planting it will boost lynx spawning. For hearthlings, it's an alternative to nettle in poultices, and drinking catnips tea soothes upset stomachs and calms the nerves.

Tufted Saxifrage: I told myself I wasn't going to add anymore curios, but man this plant has some gorgeous leaves. Look at this shit.

Now that's a plant I want to study.
berry nice to see you
Blueberry

Return to Critique & Ideas