Chairs Should Do Something

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Chairs Should Do Something

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:43 pm

Suggested this at the stream, too, chairs should have you recover stamina or SHP faster, or something. Apply a buff to fishing that only takes effect when you're seated.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Re: Chairs Should Do Something

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:04 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:Suggested this at the stream, too, chairs should have you recover stamina or SHP faster, or something. Apply a buff to fishing that only takes effect when you're seated.

It sucked in legacy, the regen/stamina part anyway. Let larp be larp, I don't think there's any positive mechanics to bring to the game from it. Needing to lug a chair around to fish in also sounds unfun.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Baldarich » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:07 pm

Sevenless wrote:It sucked in legacy, the regen/stamina part anyway. Let larp be larp, I don't think there's any positive mechanics to bring to the game from it.

legacy > haven 2.0

"TaKe OfF the NOStalGIa glasSes" :geek:
Teleskop wrote:if the chance to win a lottery is 1 to 1 000 000 it doesnt mean im any closer to winning after buying 1 000 000 tickets
Baldarich

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:09 pm

Baldarich wrote:
Sevenless wrote:It sucked in legacy, the regen/stamina part anyway. Let larp be larp, I don't think there's any positive mechanics to bring to the game from it.

legacy > haven 2.0

"TaKe OfF the NOStalGIa glasSes" :geek:

Even if you like legacy more doesn't mean it's immune to criticism :P
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Reiber » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:45 am

Sevenless wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:Suggested this at the stream, too, chairs should have you recover stamina or SHP faster, or something. Apply a buff to fishing that only takes effect when you're seated.

It sucked in legacy, the regen/stamina part anyway. Let larp be larp, I don't think there's any positive mechanics to bring to the game from it. Needing to lug a chair around to fish in also sounds unfun.

regen just will end up making chairs "better water" again,
lets just make fishing standing cost minor amounts of stamina, sitting in boats, on logs or on stumps counts as "sitting" sitting emote also works but with an chance to get an infection, or leeches or bandworms or whatever,

thatchchairs could just be dissasembleable,

but yea highly unneccesary machanics
Reiber

Postby Sephiron » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:39 pm

iskanderry wrote:I wish my real chair recovered my stamina, guys. I have a gaming chair by link removed It’s pretty comfy, so my back doesn’t hurt if I sit in it for hours, but I prefer playing and working standing rather than sitting. It may be a theme for a separate thread, but guys, don’t your butts hurt when you play sitting for hours? I hope some of you play and work standing too. What chairs do you have? I think our recovery is way more important than character recovery. I’ll be waiting for your replies.

Oh my god they're getting smarter
Sephiron

Postby stya » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:35 pm

Sephiron wrote:
iskanderry wrote:I wish my real chair recovered my stamina, guys. I have a gaming chair by link removed It’s pretty comfy, so my back doesn’t hurt if I sit in it for hours, but I prefer playing and working standing rather than sitting. It may be a theme for a separate thread, but guys, don’t your butts hurt when you play sitting for hours? I hope some of you play and work standing too. What chairs do you have? I think our recovery is way more important than character recovery. I’ll be waiting for your replies.

Oh my god they're getting smarter

Bots getting smarter, players dumber and soon we won't be able to tell the difference :lol:
stya

Postby HarryDresden » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:29 pm

The consequences of ChatGPT will be enormous. General AI is going to make the world a very interesting and crazy place that is very hard to determine what interactions are real.

As for chairs; it sucked when you had to use them for stamina recovery but there really are few other practical uses for it. Faster recovering SHP would be something, other than that there's not much that I can think of it doing besides a hunger or learning bonus, but learning seems prone to abuse.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Return to Critique & Ideas