Belt full of waterskins is cancerous

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Belt full of waterskins is cancerous

Postby noindyfikator » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:00 am

Apologies for radio silence, will do better.

Bump
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby fallout » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:27 pm

Reduce stamina drain for running before changing water imo
fallout

Postby DonVelD » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:44 pm

fallout wrote:Reduce stamina drain for running before changing water imo

lower stamina drain for everything else too, +1
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby benisalt1 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:18 am

Mysia wrote:haven and hearth, the game where the majority of the playerbase never engages in pvp and the people who do constantly talk about how unfleshed out and poorly designed it is

but i suppose the big fish in a small pond mentaltiy is real. why play a real pvp game where there will be millions of challengers, here where theres maybe like 40-100 its a lot easier to seem like you're actually decent

10000 times this

also in pvp i think water needs to be restricted to 1 virtual container which is starts at 100% on aggro. call it "second wind" or something. when running you can only sip from this container.
and regular waterskins are disabled during this.
this will help balance the game for everyone so that even a fresh spawn can get a chance of running away from sweaty nerd.
benisalt1

Postby DonVelD » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:03 am

you think the water is a problem? it is only a problem if you're actually fighting someone, and both of you know what you're doing. to run away you need one or two waterskins already. just run in one direction, pick up speedbuffs and critters and you're done. literally that easy because the game favors the person running away a fuckton.

i love when people that have no idea how pvp interactions work try to overhaul the whole game just so they can have a workaround for their lack of experience. my man, even with mechanic like this you'd die. can't make this shit up.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Vigilance » Mon May 01, 2023 2:58 am

imagine if i could bring less than 20 waterskins in to the mine

imagine if i didnt have to carry an entire barrel of water in my belt, then one over my head

please buff drinking, please nerf energy loss from drinking
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby wonder-ass » Mon May 01, 2023 9:56 pm

we must stay in a constant state of suffering, content becoming good is bad. add a water drinking quick time event that gives you less stamina per gulp on a failed attempt.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby donatas081294 » Tue May 02, 2023 12:18 pm

Here's a wild take. make combat non skill/lelvel/atrbiute reliable.
Like maybe have a seperate system just for combat, something like seperate combat atributes which are only earned through combat either killing the thing or getting knocked out or running away and the combat state disapears.
Food/fep points for everyday activies, attributes/lp leveing for doing things better (well the 2 are kind mix of both) and third could be just for the combat alone. Strenght = for mining, cutting wood and other acitivies, but not combat.
This should enoucarge people to pvp more and less bullshitry, on second though they could just have bots fighting each other, but the downside is that one of the bots would die too soon I think.
So yea anything combat related should have it's own system.
donatas081294

Postby noindyfikator » Wed May 03, 2023 4:51 pm

Jorbtaaaaar, any response? Hearting =/= water container
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby vatas » Wed May 03, 2023 7:25 pm

Add proper hydration bar.

You can speed up stamina regeneration, to a limited extent, by sweating. (There is effectively a timegate or limit how much water you can convert to stamina per unit of time.)

Possibly add a terrain feature(s) something remotely similar to speed shrines (as long as they're intuitive) that provide opportunity to spend stamina for increased speed more effectively. (Save stamina until you get "clear path" to run effectively or drop down to walking on negative "thorns and brambles" to (if your opponent did not drop to walking, they obviously closed some distance, but they spent all their stamina to power through the debuff and you can keep running.)

For mining and other related activities, you can simply regenerate stamina by "take a breather" -action (have to be stationary during hourglass timer, maybe this also consumes some of the hydration bar.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas