Travel Weariness changes

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Travel Weariness changes

Postby Zyean » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:21 pm

Please consider making traveling to your dock TW as well as travelling on a road either 0% or a small static amount (similar to travel back to HF), you already have to pay the cost of building and maintaining the road from being griefed and everyone circumvents the TW for boats anyway by using alts to port back their boats, arguably could make TW 0% on HF as well but if they were all HF cost then you could easily sleep to recover it all. TW should be reserved for thingwall/charter travel (or some other magical travel left to future implementation)
Zyean

Re: Travel Weariness changes

Postby charno1 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:24 pm

yeah it's incredibly annoying having to worry about travel weariness for everything

i think the mechanic as a whole needs to go... roads/docks should definitely not count though
charno1

Postby Massa » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:36 pm

knarrs and wagons should be able to dock without TW increase

let us explore and adventure and move through the world. tw is balanced enough on roads and stuff.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:50 am

+1 :D
ChildhoodObesity

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:53 am

"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Reiber » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:37 am

alting to port back, no problem,
soloution is simply too refuse the travel if it would increase above 100%tw, make people dump there will, and reduce fasttravel,
your welcome ^^
Reiber

Postby vatas » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:06 am

vatas wrote:I had potentially an ABSOLUTELY CANCEROUS idea for the ship dock fast travel.

Instead of TW cost, make it damages the ship based on distance traveled. Of course, this would make "The ship wouldn't survive the voyage" - preventative error message a requirement to be implemented.

Also scales of hitpoints instead of percentage to further make that "ship quality increases HP pool" -idea work.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Bawhoppen » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:17 am

The way roads worked before, a few worlds ago, without using travel weariness (or atleast being hard limited by it), was really great. It set up a chance for regular players to travel and get around in an imperfect way, with the roads still being fairly balanced, needing to be built and maintained over long distances. The magical transport of charters + thingwalls can be left as an elite option for high-end players, while roads can exist as a hodge-podge method for the average hearthling to get around. It's much more interesting and fair in my view. +1
jorb wrote:I am presently exhausted from twelve hours of non-stop developing and I am going to bed.
Bawhoppen

Postby Reiber » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:49 am

Bawhoppen wrote:The way roads worked before, a few worlds ago, without using travel weariness (or atleast being hard limited by it), was really great. It set up a chance for regular players to travel and get around in an imperfect way, with the roads still being fairly balanced, needing to be built and maintained over long distances. The magical transport of charters + thingwalls can be left as an elite option for high-end players, while roads can exist as a hodge-podge method for the average hearthling to get around. It's much more interesting and fair in my view. +1

see, i dont dislike, abusable, high maintenance, and room for ambushes leaving roads, but that has nothing too do with you stats, or progression through the tectree,
the last thing we need are "elite" fasttravel mechanisms, unless you just want to be the spoucecap walking while your friendly b12 wearing neighbours teleport around you omniously.
Reiber

Postby Jubal_Barca » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:38 am

As a less elite player: I really like building travel roads/paths and would like to make more of them, but I am always nervous that connecting up bases and useful spots effectively is just going to encourage griefers to ping around easily getting to where people are doing their stuff and then stabbing them a lot. I'm not sure if I'm in favour of improving those guys' ability to ping around the map super easily unless it comes with other changes that discourage them from using that capacity to ruin my or my friends' day.
Jubal_Barca

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas