Yuletide gifts to make winter better

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Yuletide gifts to make winter better

Postby Sephiron » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:36 pm

I know this is kind of a weird suggestion, but I was mulling over how winter could be improved, and thought "why not make that the weird season?". N. European folklore is really odd around yuletide, almost scary even. Adding curios and items that reflect this would make winter something to look forward to I think without making it something that would set you back if you missed out on it. I don't mean just another real plant, I'm talking about yulecats, gnomes, fairies, etc.

One idea I had was to have some winter decorative items produce "Yuletide spirit" that can be harvestable like a dream catcher, but only during yule. Things like snowmen, igloos, yule trees, garlands, etc. 10 of these could be crafted into a yuletide gift and given to a questgiver for another present in return. That present would essentially have a random item in it equal quality to the yuletide gift given to the questgiver. Mostly it could be natural gifts like forgeable curios from different seasons, curios like toy chariots, tar dolls, barkboats, reed ships, or rarely it could give crafted gifts like swords, clothing, armor, etc. Like the quest tree or rock looted it off of a corpse a long time ago.
Sephiron

Re: Yuletide gifts to make winter better

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:59 pm

I'm down for weird/interesting in winter.

All winter's good for imo is travelling credos right now.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Reiber » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:13 pm

Sevenless wrote:I'm down for weird/interesting in winter.

All winter's good for imo is travelling credos right now.

oh winter is hunting season my boi, everybody on there sleigh poaching every hermine and mammoth around.

winter isnt an issue for miners, or hunters, its the farmers, silkfarmers,treeplanters and related proffessions, who just have too pause there craft, and barely if even need too log on and eat. digging intoo the recources that you should need for surviving winter.

besides that , you can only really forage for yule decoration , and fill your basement with ice to spare you the occasion trip too the mountain . snowflakes are useless same with automleaves,

and if you are joining late , winter is the season you cant at all.
Reiber

Postby Sephiron » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:33 pm

BUMP, RELEVANT
THERE IS STILL TIME MAYBE
Sephiron

Postby telum12 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:18 am

God, I'm so happy the hermits decided we should keep winter around :pray:
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Return to Critique & Ideas